[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Imre Kertész
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Kertész Imre.jpg (35 KB, 320x466) Image search: [Google]
Kertész Imre.jpg
35 KB, 320x466
Not even a thread, let alone a sticky?
I guess all he did was win the Nobel Prize in 2002
You're right /lit/, good job
>>
>>7874085
Nobel Prize, who cares? I bet I could win one if I really wanted to
>>
>>7874085
All he did was complain about 'muh Auschwitz'
>>
SO SORRY FOR NOT BEING SAD, FAG

I'LL JUST DO THIS OTHER COKE LINE AND CALL A HOOKER LATER

SORRY FOR NOT BEING SORRY

PS.
IM ACTUALLY REALLY NOT SORRY

PEOPLE DIE DEAL WITH IT

CHEEZ
>>
File: 1459018095021.png (239 KB, 1341x593) Image search: [Google]
1459018095021.png
239 KB, 1341x593
>>
>>7874085
Yeah man, the Nobel is pretty much meaningless.

I've read Union Jack and Fatelessness

I enjoyed Union Jack, he seems to shine more in stories and novellas
>>
The Nobel Prize of literature is the oldest meme.

Even my literature professor says so :
It's not given to merit, but to strategic demographics
>>
>>7874134
Is this real?
>>
>>7874179
ur prof is a failed goof
>>
>>7874179
I'm gonna go ahead and assume "strategic demographics" is some thinly veiled racism. It's actually given to "the most outstanding work in an ideal direction." It's the Nobel committee's idea of an "ideal direction" that most people take issue with.
>>
>>7874126
so it goes
>>
>>7874939
Are you f'ing stupid?
>>
>>7874965
>no u

>>7874972
It's not racism.
Marquez got the prize because he was colombian and his country was/is in war, but it should've belonged to Borges out of sheer literary skills alone
>>
>>7875188
>literary skills
>couldn't even finish a book
>>
>>7874085
There was a thread for him yesterday fuccboi
If we haven't read him, what do you want us to say about him? You can't expect each and every person here to have read the whole oeuvre of each Nobel laureate - a Nobel prize win doesn't mean an author is at all well-read, influential or even good.
>>
>>7875207
Why would you flaunt your failure like that?
>>
>>7874939
unfortunately, yes
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.