[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best edition of gravity's rainbow? I know that one of them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 81xIhxUqXaL.jpg (379 KB, 1498x2277) Image search: [Google]
81xIhxUqXaL.jpg
379 KB, 1498x2277
best edition of gravity's rainbow? I know that one of them has a lot of issues with it.
>>
>>7870049
All fixed, you memeing fuck. It's current year.
>>
File: 1451858670958.jpg (28 KB, 282x362) Image search: [Google]
1451858670958.jpg
28 KB, 282x362
>>7870049
>it's another best edition of gravity's rainbow thread
>>
>>7870049
>literally this thread again
>>
Blue one OK. White one less OK.
>>
File: gravitysrainbow.jpg (17 KB, 226x346) Image search: [Google]
gravitysrainbow.jpg
17 KB, 226x346
This will always be my favourite.
>>
>>7870162
My nigga, it looks so pretty
>>
>>7870162
What makes this one different to the others? Just the cover?
>>
Is this a book?
>>
>>7871649
better

its a meme
>>
>>7871049
Guaranteed no misprints
>>
>>7870049
Get any of them, OP. The "misprints" in the Penguin version are really just "typos" that have no major bearing on the meaning of the text as a whole. Buy whichever is cheapest at your local non-chain bookstore.
>>
File: david_foster_wallace.jpg (357 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
david_foster_wallace.jpg
357 KB, 750x500
>>7870049

Don't even bother reading it. You'll just get berated by irony until you can't take it anymore. Pynchon offers nothing along the lines of salvation and only offers cynical irony.

You should spend your mental energy reading DFW instead. DFW knew about the dangers of irony, and offers a way out of that. Inifnite Jest is probably harder than Gravity's Rainbow, but DFW's like a teacher who cares for his students and is giving them hard work because he wants them to succeed. He doesn't just laugh and joke around like Pynchon. Yes, DFW's humorous, but he offers so much more than that.

Honestly, if every read DFW, the problems of our cold cynical ironic world would go away and the world would be a much better place.
>>
>>7871895
>typos
Missing entire chunks of sentences is a typo?
>>
>>7872321

There's one time this happens and you can easily look it up and fix it yourself.
>>
>>7872326
>having to google sections of the book because they are missing in the actual fucking book
why not just buy an edition that isn't shit
>>
File: DFW iiiii don't think so buddy.png (518 KB, 759x546) Image search: [Google]
DFW iiiii don't think so buddy.png
518 KB, 759x546
>>7872029
>Inifnite Jest is probably harder than Gravity's Rainbow
Where this b8post fell apart
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.