[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you recommend some books with smart animal protagonists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Grumpenhauer.jpg (15 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Grumpenhauer.jpg
15 KB, 300x358
Can you recommend some books with smart animal protagonists? Preferably not stuff for kids, but I'm not picky. Thanky!
>>
tailchasers song
>>
>>7868847
Do human animals count?

if so, Infinite Jest and Gravity's Rainbow
>>
>>7868869
Dude, humans arent animals, we're people,
>>
>>7868873
Are we doe?
>>
>>7868878
... Are you a deer with a keyboard with hoof-sized keys?
>>
Chekhov has a story from the perspective of a dog. The dog does not have human intelligence though, it's his approximation of how it would understand things.
>>
>>7868847
ever read I am a Cat?
>>
File: Executive Boner....jpg (14 KB, 156x250) Image search: [Google]
Executive Boner....jpg
14 KB, 156x250
>>
>>7868933
Ooooh!
>>
Jack London wrote a bunch of books about dogs, from the perpective of dogs - The Call of the Wild and White Fang.
>>
The Last Unicorn by Beagle
>>
>>7868881
You'll never know for sure.
>>
Taming Riki was very enjoyable and very well-written. From a fox's perspective
>>
>>7868847
Would you maybe like some story like where all the animals like get together and start a society?
The closest I can think of is maybe the Planet of the Apes. It would be cool if someone wrote a story like that to happen on a farm or something, though
>>
>>7868847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MaFL84DwqM
>>
>>7868996
This! White Fang is top tier.

Additionally Bulgakov's Heart of a Dog and The Master and Margarita - try and deny Behemoth was one of the great and iconic literary characters.

Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book, obviously.

If you want to delve into children's books, Tolkien's Roverandom i found was a refreshing read.
>>
>>7868847
The life and opinions of tomcat murr
great read
>>
File: smug porky pig.jpg (39 KB, 411x395) Image search: [Google]
smug porky pig.jpg
39 KB, 411x395
>>7869921
>White Fang is top tier.
>>
>>7868847
Kholstomer by Tolstoy.
>>
>>7868847
Watership Down
Duncton Wood
Peregrine by Baker
>>
>>7869983
Throw Plague Dogs on the pile
>>
>>7869964
Top tier animal lit

Go collect some bugs, Nobby!
>>
>>7868906
what animal is the protagonist
>>
how has no one said Animal Farm yet
>>
>>7870550
he's looking for a Book not a Farm cringe lol are people really this stupid
>>
>>7868847
animal farm
watership down
traveler
the wind in the willows (minus toad) (kids...no wait...all ages can enjoy this).
the jungle book

look into fairy tales. I'm sure there is plenty out there.
charlotte's web (kids)
>>
>>7872084
forgot

I am a cat
by natsume soseki

>>7872074
fuck off youre the stupidest person itt
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.