[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cosmic Horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 51IywWlewvL.jpg (42 KB, 303x500) Image search: [Google]
51IywWlewvL.jpg
42 KB, 303x500
What's your favorite cosmic horror?
>>
Lovecraft is pretty shit
>>
>>7866862
Tell us what you liked not what you didn't like.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 250x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 250x296
>>7866863
I couldn't describe the reasons without descending into utter madness.
>>
>>7866876
Kek

Colour out of Space and AtMoM are solid. Everything else fell pretty flat for me. Just a lot of "It was huge" and "It had a weird anatomy" and "I can't describe it"

I like the cosmic horror of David Lynch, though.
>>
>>7866876
Was it his racism anon? He was so racist. Makes me sick when people try to defend him. I thank science (since god isn't real lol) that we're more enlightened now. I love being culturally enriched by different peoples.
>>
>>7866857
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

But we all know Ligotti is Lovecraft's successor and superior.
>>
>>7868233
>tfw I used to unironically talk like this and be a faggot leftist and a pseud
Feels bad, man.
>>
>>7868400
>But we all know Ligotti is Lovecraft's successor and superior.
This.
>>
>>7868233
>we should ignore all his works and legacy because he had different racial beliefs than me!!

fucking neo-liberals
>>
>>7866943
colour out of space is the one with the weird gas in the well right?
>>
>>7866857
Looking at myself in the mirror every morning.
>>
Literal cosmic horror, "the black mould" by Mark Samuels. About a piece of mould that develops in a dead planet somewhere in the universe and it starts growing until it becomes so complex it develops consciousness. Only, it happens to be deranged so all it experiences are maddening, disturbing sensations. So it decides to keep growing (by devouring planets and galaxies) hoping at one point the horror will be so big it will result in self-annihilation. Eventually it devours earth, but it was like no thing, just some small planet in its path. Then it keeps on going.
>>
>>7868775
You're responding to a barely veiled /pol/ post
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.