[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did i fell for a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
did i fell for a meme?
>>
Why is it in a wrapper? It s a book
>>
>>7865100
It's a mint condition collectible book
>>
>>7865085
>did i fell

back to /r9k/, kid
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 236x132) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 236x132
>>7865107
Oh really? Wel I got a mint condition collectable fuck off right here
>>
>>7865107

why is it collectable? how much is it worth and why did you get it?
>>
>>7865085
Why don't you get off 4chan, read it and find out?
>>
>>7865085
Yes, you did.
He's a decent writer, but some publisher avid for an easy dollar bought a bunch of critics to convince the uneducated -but deluded about it- intelligentsia wanna-be bourgeoise mass that the author was some kind of tormented genius and the ultimate Latin American writer from the Boom, which he is not; those fuckers bought it -alas, they swallow everything they're told to eat, no need no to even force-feed them- and TA-DAH, you got a meme writer.
>>
By getting a translation? Yea
>>
File: bait.jpg (39 KB, 557x587) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
39 KB, 557x587
>>7865262
>>
>>7865244
paranoid fedora tipper.

Bolaño is great. 2666 is great.
>>
>>7865244
>Bolaño
>from the Boom
You have no idea what the Boom is, do you?
>>
>>7865149
:^)
>>
>>7865244
>I never read Bolano
>>
You surely did bro.
>>
>>7865290
As a result from the Boom would me more accurate. The Boom authors are older than Bolaño.
>>
Read it a couple months ago. The first and only book of his I've read, it's one of the most interesting things I've ever read. I'm shopping around for his short stories and The Savage Detectives.

I don't know how good it is in translation, but after reading it (in Spanish), I think it put to rest any doubts I had about "nothing good in the 2000s" (granted he'd been writing for twenty years before 2666, but still). Concise prose and beautiful complex images of lives across two continents.
I'm glad to see this thread.
>>
>>7865100
spanish books most of the time are wrapped in plastic
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.