[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the best thing we have in this century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_myn0p4W7lJ1qkny7to1_500.jpg (160 KB, 472x329) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myn0p4W7lJ1qkny7to1_500.jpg
160 KB, 472x329
Is he the best thing we have in this century?
>>
>>7864075
i am a coke dealer and yes, he is the best thing that ever happened to me
>>
something something hegel, something communism, sniffle, bump the coke, something something plashtic penishes, and so on and so on
>>
Does the Coke Slav actually do coke?
>>
ray brassier is like a dark countermeme to slavoj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7hIYasErHc

look at him rocking and squirming and memeing
>>
>>7864104

He shows all the symptoms of a coke addict. The jitteriness, dark patches under the eyes, reddening of the nose, the sniffles, constantly rubbing his nose
>>
>>7864104
Probably just rhinitis or some other nose condition.
>>
>>7864075

It ish prechishely ideology today. *sniff**sniff* Now I muhsht varn you, my nexcht point ish quite a vulgar won. "Sniff""sniff". Yesh I am a stahnilist, ve are all stahlinists today. *snhiff**shniff*.
>>
>>7864075
Why does /lit/ worship this right-wing bigot?
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/02/08/zize-f08.html
>>
>>7864104
No, he's just a mess on his own accord, I believe he doesn't even drink.
>>
>>7864141
>be from balkans
>not being redpilled on muslims

pick one
>>
>>7864075
He should honestly drop the philosophy and just do cultural commentary like this

he's written a few decent books and hundreds of shit ones, incl. the disgusting parody title everything you wanted to know about lacan but were afraid to ask hitchcock

and make another pervert's guide film
p.s. perverts guide to cinema was much better than the latter
>>
File: 1457687721962.png (60 KB, 564x521) Image search: [Google]
1457687721962.png
60 KB, 564x521
>>7864141
>>
>>7864105
oh my got
>>
>>7864141
He is Slovenian. All yogoslavians are racist, even the commie ones
>>
>can't listen to Zizek talk for more than two seconds without giggling
Am I retarded?
>>
>>7864224
>trying to listen to Zizek
yea you're a retard
>>
>>7864107
the sniffing and rubbing his nose is a nervous tic when he speaks publicly, if you watch interviews when he isn't in front of a crowd it's much more rare
>>
>>7864213
>yugoslav
>>
>>7864237
he grew up in yugoslavia
>>
>>7864247
Which would make someone who grew up in austro hungarian empire austro hungarian?
>>
>>7864197
>>>/pol/
>>7864141
1. good digits
2. that article has been posted here before and it's so fucking stupid oh my god
>>
>>7864107
you've fallen for the 1d30l0gy, comrade
>>
>>7864075
he's quite good but he's not very imaginative.
some of his work is quite repetitive.
he has no clue how to bring a societal change about and how it could look like. simply defining oneself as a communist without giving an alternative to stalinism is pretty weak imo. ofcourse he sometimes states that we have to find new forms of community and abandon the state but there he chickens out.
"i don't know how to organize economy. i want alienated modernity" on his own terms id say that is the fascist dream to eat your cake and have it too.
he could just declare himself an anarchist and draw from a long tradition from kropot/baku to landauer, stirner et al and bookchin and so on and so on.

I'd say the best political philosophy this century has to offer clearly is ADAM CURTIS. DAVID GRAEBER and THE INVISIBLE COMMITTEE
>>
File: Jouissance.jpg (88 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Jouissance.jpg
88 KB, 720x720
>>7864075

I hope not.
I somewhat like him, but this century can do better.

Nick Land is far better than him imo.
>>
I love Zizek but the main reason he is known is because he got his name out there himself.
>>
Houellebecq and Pat Buchanan are still alive, so no.
>>
>>7865660
Nick Land is the Donald Trump of philosophy.
>>
File: zizek identity politics.png (349 KB, 1533x635) Image search: [Google]
zizek identity politics.png
349 KB, 1533x635
Zizek's fuckin rad senpai. I know it's cool to hate him because haha the sniff meme, but I admire how Hegelian he is.
>>
>>7864104
You can choose to not believe me on this, but I know a dude who has lived and worked with Zizek during summers between terms who is a huge coke head and says that Zizek is also a huge coke head. I mean, look at the dude.
>>
>>7864075
Slavoj Žižek is a commie, just sayin
>>
>>7864213
thi guy is right, I'm from Slovenia, I'm all for legalizing weed.

But I hate gays, niggers, muslims and jews and pretty much everyone who is not 100 percent full blooded SLOVENIAN.

I even despise other ex yugo countries and I know they do as well.
>>
>>7864141
>Zizek is an outgrowth of a reactionary anti-Marxist and anti-materialist tradition that descends from the irrationalism of Schelling, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche and Heidegger. He eclectically draws on the neo-Nietzschean and neo-Heideggerian thought of 1960s French post-structuralism…

This is hurting my brain. I've listened to pretty much every idea Zizek expressed online on Youtube, read a few of his articles and even some of his books and either that's utter non-sense or Zizek is a genius in hiding his sources. He always goes on about Hegel, Marx and Lacan and, while not as uninformed as many other philosophers, his understanding of Nietzsche is quite basic (as he has, to an extent, admitted himself), he rarely mentions Schelling, Kierkegaard and Heidegger. When he does mention the postmodernists it's usually to criticize them or their followers.

As much as I like this idea of a secretly right-wing nietzschean Zizek ubermensch so precise in his actions and thinking that he fakes a post-Marxist clown persona complete with nervous ticks and a silly accent to undermine the left from within, it just sounds like bad fiction.
>>
>>7866380
I'd buy that at an airport desu.
>>
>>7866258

Based Zizek
>>
>>7864075
No, he's a post-marxist communist coke addict for edgy children. You'll grow out of him if you keep studying philosophy for another six months.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.