[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever read a book or a piece of text that made you cry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: imagxjddhudhdes.jpg (13 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
imagxjddhudhdes.jpg
13 KB, 512x288
Have you ever read a book or a piece of text that made you cry or very sad?

Any suggestions for books that will make me sad? I have read one book when some guys friend commits suicide. But it was a long time ago, and I only partially remember it.
>>
The Sound and The Fury
The Bell Jar
The Book of Disquiet
Notes from the Underground
>>
>Arguably one of the greatest generals ever
>Champion of your queen, named prince in the HRE, family that you adore
>Cast down by your queen due to a petty female squabble
>Disgraced by your country
>condemned in your old age for perfidy and treason despite your service
>have series of strokes
>laying in bed of your castle, with all your glories crumbled and Blenheim/Malplaquet years distant
>Your wife and daughters arguing over your fortune your last memory as your eyes lose sight

Churchill's best work and I cried throughout the second volume. The last chapter of Stoner was pretty sad too.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 736x736
>>7860538
>getting emotional over Sylvia Plath: the progenitor of Tumblr poetry
>>
Well I don't really cry, but Flannery O'Connor hits me hard sometimes. Not even while I'm reading it usually, I'll just be reminded of one of her stories sometimes and oof.
>>
>>7860574
wominz r ebul tak the redpill sheeple!! xDD
>>
>>7860584
Kill yourself
>>
The Infilitrator
The Traitor
The Fixer
Matthew Pierce: Evade and Escape 2
The Killer
The Gunman
The Shooter
The Man who was a scope
A Killer in Three
John Morris in International Takedown
>>
>>7860576
Yeah OP, read A Good Man is Hard to Find.
>>
Oblomov made me cry like a little girl tbbq
>>
>>7860584
Kill yourself twice
>>
I think the first time a story made me cry was when I finished Death of a Salesman in high school
>>
It didn't make me cry but I found Infinite Jest incredibly sad, especially the parts to do with the Orin and the relationship between him and Himself, also a lot of the addiction stories were upsetting.
>>
lolita
>>
catch-22 fucked me up good
>>
>>7861079
Catch-22? What about it was sad?
>>
The story of Isaac and Abraham.
>>
>>7861083
everyone die m8
>>
>>7861159
Spoiler
>>
File: 41ZRA585SQL.jpg (23 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
41ZRA585SQL.jpg
23 KB, 332x500
The ending of The Tartar Steppe hit me right in the feels, manly tears were shed...
>>
>>7863998
Oh man. You think you have all the time in the world and suddenly you're old
>>
>>7861159
Thier deaths were hilarious m8
>>
>>7860584
>le mischaracterisation and imputations of bigotry
>>
>>7864136
and quite sexual
>>
>>7861159
>>7861159
false as shit.
>>
File: Kristof.jpg (42 KB, 375x550) Image search: [Google]
Kristof.jpg
42 KB, 375x550
Read this a good decade ago at least, melodrama is off the charts
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.