[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want /lit/ advice about booktuber...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: Booktuber.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Booktuber.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
I was searching booktuber and I found these :

>90 % are females
>can't find booktuber that do not promote/like trash Lit such as Harry Potter,John green...
>10% of them are gays
>95 % are libtard, cannot find a fucking booktuber with a mind able to think and to promote deep works or philosopher
>Most are daugther of a rich and feminist
>I cannot bear them when I watch them

So, I'am very disapointed and I can't find my pleasure.
>>
booktubing is not literature doe
>>
So there's a gap in the market for pretentious twats like myself? A sort of Fantano of booktubery?
>>
>>7860191
Why don't you watch actual literary critics talk about books?
>>
Best bet is bookchemist or better than food.
Bookchemist is actually studying literature and talks about Pynchon and all the memes
>>
>>7860191
what did you expect? people that think it would be a good idea to film themselves talking about stuff and uploading the video to youtube are just narcissists, doesn't matter if they're let's players, booktubers, or if they talk about fashion or cosmetics, they don't want to inform you about thing, they want you to think they're cool or erudite or funny or whatever. doesn't matter if they're female, gay or libtards or all of the above. they're like redditors, except that you can actually make money on yt instead of meaningless internet points.
>>
Tai Lopez
>>
>>7860199
Do it faggot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/booksbetterthanfood/videos

this guy can be ok but he takes so long to say things i get annoyed
>>
If you are serious about literature, you don't need booktubing. People try to apply the reviewing formula to books and it won't work. It's neither entertaining nor profound, all you get from it is book's recommendation. There are a lot(tons actually) of good critic books and essays that you can read a get something out of. Lurk moar.
>>
>>7860191
>95 % are libtard, cannot find a fucking booktuber with a mind able to think and to promote deep works or philosopher

tfw no dialectical materialist booktubers
>>
Booktubers are worse than pranksters, at least they get views
>>
I'm a cisgendered straight white male who is the son of a middle class family living on the outskirts of a major metropolitan city in the Eastern US. Give me a non-trash book and I will make a channel and review it for you anon. I might even show a little cleavage if you're lucky.
>>
>>7860313
beelzebub's tales to his grandson
>>
"BookTubing" was created by the publishing industry to establish alternative forms of reviews and promotional content.

I'll be getting some of these whores to plug some ganda ganda from my own publishing house.. (Use everything properly.)

>rogue guerrilla advertising
>>
>>7860315
Sounds pretty lame desu
>>
Can we have a /lit/-sponsored booktuber who just memes and spouts pretentious garbage?

I'd watch desu
>>
>>7860337
I'll do it. I'm retarded enough.
>>
>>7860199
Naa Cliff Sargent of Better Than Food is already that, pretty much. I suspect that he posts/lurks here as well.
>>
>>7860337
Why would anyone waste their time like this?
There are like 5 people on /lit/
>>
>>7860347
his channel is pleb shit, /lit/ tier pleb criticism. only worth looking at because he's nice to look at tbf
>>
File: BL00M.jpg (719 KB, 1183x1200) Image search: [Google]
BL00M.jpg
719 KB, 1183x1200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG1t5cI6U2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6CCePrJlaU

This fucking hack.. Do you think she'll die not knowing she's a hack? Stay inquisitive! Booktubers are walking holes that want to tell everyone how how they are one of the elite literiariatie! "I AM A STRONG WOMYN" But my dear your eyes **would** look lovely looking up at me while you suck on the old volcano shaft!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEl1EM_fbfg

OH the girl fulfilled her childhood dream of writing a booke! (self published) HAHAHAHAH (selling it to herself) HOHOHOHOHOHO

You see my dear friends, booktubers are shallow narcissists. The great writers were all insane to some degree. Do you think a Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunnt-rovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk would be conceived by a booktuber?

Not a good writer?
NOt agood critic?
Notagood philosopher?
notagoodatanything?

BECOME A BOOKTUBER!!

Mediocrities of the world unite!
>>
File: 1430792501485.png (490 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1430792501485.png
490 KB, 499x499
>>7860396
P.S.

I am desperate to have wild and violent sex with her all the same. The thought of choking her, of seeing her cry gives me a rush. Such a pretty thing.

>inb4 "sexist"

I'm laughing at you right now.
>>
>>7860396
>>7860405
Did you forget to take your meds today?
>>
>>7860191
to find booktubers that are not necesseraly trash you have to...

>think of book that is not YA trash or NOT Jane Austen
>in youtube type in said book plus 'review' and or 'booktube'
>scroll through the video and take a look at channel

I've found plenty of non-shit tier booktubers that way, which also encouraged me to start my own channel. You wont find scholarly degree of insight however, there are very few of those. Prepare to hear alot of "Umm" and "Uhhh" through out. dont expect insightful ideas either, mostly regurgitated and personal opinions.
>>
>no Bookchemist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Krokgard
>>
check out Marc Aramini, he's pretty cool.
>>
>>7860420
try looking for these... they are somewhat popular among non-shit booktubers:

>2666
>The Recognitions
>Anything Pynchon
>Anything Mcarthy

sure, they might be meme authors but at least they are decent and great, as well as popular. most of those dont have big follower counts.
>>
>>7860418
No. I just really want to choke her and make her cry.
>>
>>7860199
Top kek, I wouldn't mind watching a Fantano for books.
>>
>>7860238
underrated post tb..KNOWLEDGE
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>7860191
Where is our hero?!!!!
>>
>>7860347
His reviews aren't good, but I wish I were him, honestly
>>
>>7860535
Pierce was great, but he pussied out and now only does goodreads and his blog, but fuck that.
>>
>>7860429
I can confirm. He does high quality literary criticism, but too rare and too focused. I'd love if he talked about some other authors than Wolfe.
>>
I haven't watched much of his stuff, but this guy seems at least passionate. I'm not sure you'll ever find quality booktubers though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/booksbetterthanfood
>>
>>7860426
>>7860431
>>7860572

>>7860191
Listen to these, you'll find some interesting stuff.
>>
>ywn bang polandbananas
>>
hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHB2TuCi3jw&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>7861042
Don't want faggot

Only cis gendered white blue eyes blond hair and catholic.
>>
>>7861042
The video quality is shit and the background seems a bit pretentious/out of place, but you seem like a person that I would chat with. Glad that you're still here.
>>
>>7861150
Yes

Cannot bear this kind of little kid pretending to be genius by revolving some advanced equation and playing violin... And giving their advice about thing that they cannot understand.
>>
>>7860347

He almost exclusively reviews works that are already part of the Western Canon or critically acclaimed and his "reviews" are Wikipedia-summary-tier.

He's had maybe three reviews I've genuinely enjoyed but holy shit can he be long-winded. He recently put up a video reviewing Hemingway and it was more than an hour long.

I mean fuck off.
>>
>>7861042
end your existence
>>
Really the only worthwhile book tuber IMO https://m.youtube.com/user/gnites88
>>
>>7861323
his BM review is disgraceful
>>
Why is it always YA and Harry Potter they talk about?
>>
>>7861150
>>7861193

I wrote that shit when I was 16 because I found it interesting. Why not have it on my walls? I don't mind it.

>advice
Excuse me, I'm not a fucking agony aunt. I'm talking about ideas.

>>7861211
Nope.
>>
>>7860396
uh she's not a booktuber man
>>
>>7861042
what a catch
>>
I remember a /lit/ post about this Chinese patrician dude.

He's not really a booktuber but he kinda does the same thing.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_q006uH9CvVsw_LSaeSLxttcsjoVpq8J
>>
>>7861207
Did he actually review it at all?
Everything after his first few videos got stale and boring, as you say, Wikipedia summary.
>>
>>7861562
But, Anon, no people here understand chinese, just a few.
>>
I dunno anon, is philosophy really a big thing for someone interested in literature to care about? Also I recommend just posting on forums. Maybe like this one board called /lit/ on 4chan. You can make your own posts without creating an account!
>>
>>7860396
>HAHAHAHAH
>HOHOHOHO

you should make posts like these more often, I'm serious.
>>
>>7860535
I opened the image and thought he was a girl and I'd fuck her.
>>
>>7860396
>>7860405
Keep posting. I need the laughs
>>
>>7861508

Your hair are long but your ideas are short
>>
>>7861702
My hair is relatively short actually, and my ideas are longer than I let on, which is something I try to work on but I can't help condensing everything. The thing is, the person on the other end usually can't unpack all the data. Also, people never watch my videos to the end so there's no point.
>>
>>7861646
I feel a certain freedom in writing like that

>>7861660
I hope you're not laffin @ me b/c I actually have a history of psychotic mental illness. You have no right to oppress me as a person-of-autism I am lower in the privilege tree that you.

Stop commenting on my FB feed! Bye!! :-)

No seriously stop commenting now! no one cares"
>>
File: 1449504738-image.jpg (139 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1449504738-image.jpg
139 KB, 720x540
>>7861724

Yes, you're a philosopher

You're actually this kind of philosophers thinking the world trapped in their room and feeling lonely because they feel to be different from the others. So you put some ideas and concept into your brain in the purpose to understand more your difficulties with the others.

Instead of reading Bedos,Sartre and Beauvoir which are weak or dishonest works ( mainly Sartre ) you should read the Bible and some of the Greek and Roman historians. It will be way more useful.

Herodote, Thucydide, Plutarque...
>>
File: magic-02.gif (14 KB, 1022x596) Image search: [Google]
magic-02.gif
14 KB, 1022x596
>>7860191
>I cannot bear them when I watch them
Then don't watch them you retard.
>>
>>7860191
that screenshot provokes my uncanny valley senses
>>
>>7861702
>BHLposting
>>
>>7861805
>my uncanny valley senses
What are uncanny valley senses?
You could say "takes me straight to the uncanny valley" or something like that. I refuse to believe you actually read for fun.
>>
>>7861775
I'm not trapped in my room, and though I am lonely I have people to talk to.

I've only read Sartre of those names, and only Nausea at that. I wasn't too enthralled by it though it did have an depressive effect on me,

I know that those works lay some of the foundations of society today but things of immediate relevance are also useful. I'll get round to everything eventually, or so I tell myself.

Would you recommend starting with Herodotus? Of the Greeks I've only read the Iliad. I was thinking of reading The Odyssey sometime soon.
>>
>>7861814
You're provoking my mono-lingual senses, desu.
>>
File: 1446263971269.jpg (31 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
1446263971269.jpg
31 KB, 480x400
>>7861824
Would you like to be my girlfriend? I live in the Isle of Mann and am of good, hardy genetic stock.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Pros:
I invented the spooky Stirner meme.
I am of good genetic stock
I am Aryan (similar to above)
I also enjoy the violin

Cons:
I have a kink or two (I enjoy hitting women (two hands two kinks ya see))
I enjoy bullying people
I have severe autism (can be a pro or a con)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\end{document}
>>
bookchemist is decent, though he's a bit shallow.
>>
>>7861864
get a trip so we can meme you
>>
>>7861824

You read what you have in your hands. No matter. It's history.

And in fact, it remains only one work of the Herodotus.
>>
>>7861831
I peak three languages you mouth-breather, what you said just doesn't make any sense. I mean, it does in a very unimaginative way. Are you South American by any chance?
>>
File: inlandempirescream2.png (472 KB, 850x460) Image search: [Google]
inlandempirescream2.png
472 KB, 850x460
> been gregposting all day
> those cray eyes
> that lipstick
> that fucking pic related expression
> thank you based greg
> google picture
> watch her videos
> expect thread full of youtube vids to rage-binge while eating lunch
> nothing

you guys fucking suck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIGzjqa4zdk

wow, im in love but about to kill myself and probably still will
>>
>>7860191
> can't find my pleasure
>>
>>7862019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8g_kCSQOa4

go nuts
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.