[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we have a chart for essential texts (books, essays) for climate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 278x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 278x392
Do we have a chart for essential texts (books, essays) for climate change? If not, can we make one? I have legitimately no idea where to start.
>>
>>7856124
that is tin foil hat shit, and you know it.
>>
>>7856124
This site is right winged. Climate change is not a topic discussed here very often.

Also, Spotted the redditor
>>
>>7856124
Fuck off.
Changing of the Seasons
Now that'd be a theme worth charting.
>>
File: SmallIsBeautiful1973.jpg (53 KB, 400x605) Image search: [Google]
SmallIsBeautiful1973.jpg
53 KB, 400x605
interesting idea OP
i'll contribute
>>
Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth is also available as a book, I assume that one should be a good introduction for laypeople.

Merchants of Doubt is a very nice, anger-induced non-fiction read about people who started as spin-doctors for the tobacco industry and then worked for the climate change deniers.

Mark Lynas' Six Degrees is very apocalyptic non-fiction about what happens "after" climate change raised the temperature.
>>
OP here. If any of you have any links to reputable/respectable journalists or columns or essayists or websites that post articles on climate change, I will work that into the chart too. I feel like that's probably a better approach than 'essential texts' because it's such a recently developing field. I'm thinking like, Peter Singer, Naomi Klein, George Mionbot. Etc.

>>7856155

Surely Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth should be considered as nothing other than a cheap political stunt to gain more votes. It's like the equivalent of pop-science and shouldn't be on an introduction chart. Not that I've read it, but I watched the documentary and it was very obviously framed under the mechanisms of the 2004 general election and the American population.
>>
>>7856177
>Surely Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth should be considered as nothing other than a cheap political stunt to gain more votes. It's like the equivalent of pop-science and shouldn't be on an introduction chart.

>I want a simple introduction
>I don't want pop-science

and I want a pig that lays eggs
>>
File: one straw revolution.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
one straw revolution.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>
>>7856124
>>
File: CantEvenPepe.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
CantEvenPepe.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Redditors Exposed: The Thread
>>
>>7856195
>Shitposters exposed: the post
>>
>>7856195
there are still a solid core of us that are neither /pol/ nor reddit, have been here since the beginning, or at least the first /r9k/ exodus, and are not going away
we quietly post content, not frogs or cultural marxism charts
>>
>>7856183

I didn't ask for a simple introduction for the world population, I asked for the average /lit/ browser, who I like to think is capable of critical thought and too curious for watered-down pop-science.
>>
>>7856201
You can't blame the anon, the past few days most threads has been legit reddit-tier.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 200x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 200x309
How is trying to make an introductory chart on a politically contentious issue, possibly the most important of the last four decades, reddit-tier?
>>
>>7856213
they'll assimilate
it always happens
>>
>>7856124
don't forget to photoshop up that chart, op
>>
This seems pretty necessary judging from aggregate feeds I've been reading.

http://www.theguardian.com/us/environment
>>
>>7856301
yeah I know, its just been an exceedingly amount latley
>>
File: scruton.jpg (272 KB, 1368x2308) Image search: [Google]
scruton.jpg
272 KB, 1368x2308
I've not read this, or anything on climate change, but my opinion is still important.

>http://www.theguardian.com/us/environment
>the guardian
DROPPED
>>
>>7856152

The economist inside of me really wants to read this.
>>
Found this guy when he interviewed Thom Yorke about climate change.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.