[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is irony the Donald Trump of literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1451539125966.png (526 KB, 764x705) Image search: [Google]
1451539125966.png
526 KB, 764x705
Is irony the Donald Trump of literature?
>>
I think Donald Trump is post-ironic.
>>
>>7854302
Irony is the death of art desu senpai
>>
>>7854350
Does that mean Donald Trump is the death of politics?
>>
>>7854354
Can you imagine politics post-Trump?
>>
>>7854362
except irony influenced literature and media (which are inseparable as of now) like nothing else in the recent decades, and Trump is a meme candidate who won't really do any serious politics even if he's elected

So the parallel seems average
>>
>>7854302
Irony is neither love nor life, so no.
>>
Is /lit/ pro-Trump?

please make up my mind for me
>>
>>7854368
Do you honestly think Donald Trump hasn't influenced media/politics in a significant way? Even if he's a meme, the man has totally shifted the political scene.
>>
>>7854374
Trump is a Spenglerian Caesar. He will turn us into an empire. The republic is collapsing, controlled by the patrician class. Trump signals the revolt of the masses, he is like a one man triumvirate.

I view his ascension as almost inevitable, but to answer your question, yes, I support Trump. It will at the very least be more interesting than an accelerated cultural decline from Sanders or Clinton.
>>
Irony is best subtle
Using irony to appeal to everyone is pointless in the usage and in the interpretation because irony is suppose to represent experience derived sentiment at the world, the method to universalize ironic humor is a flawed one but due to the commonality in form the usage become stale and ultimately corrupts the intent
>>
>>7854374
I'm ironically pro-Trump but still pro-Trump nonetheless
>>
>>7854391
So you are both ironic and sincere in your support of trump. This seems to say the line between irony and sincerity has blurred to you, become elusive... You are truly a post-ironic voter.
>>
>>7854374
I really, genuinely like Trump. I think he has a beautiful mind.
>>
>>7854382

supporting trump is the new euphoric atheism

to quote morrissey, that joke isn't funny anymore
>>
File: Qzl38jJ.jpg (132 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Qzl38jJ.jpg
132 KB, 1024x768
>>7854443
>implying
>>
>>7854374
yep. he is our only chance
>>
the term 'irony' is bloated and useless. Wallace was good to kill himself before all the shit that followed, trying to make terms with the inflated term.
>>
desu senpai
>>
>trump

such flabbergasted
>>
>>7854391
>when you do everything ironically to the point where the irony becomes your reality
>>
File: 1458946060439.jpg (126 KB, 490x977) Image search: [Google]
1458946060439.jpg
126 KB, 490x977
>>7854391
THIS

>>7854400
For me it is not like that. The ironic part says "yeah Trump is the best man for the job" and the unironic part says "Trump is such an idiot and will probably be a bad president but he is better than the other people."
>>
>>7854374
I'm not

He just whispers a bunch of vague promises and comes off as a slimy businessman. He can't seem to respond to a question without insulting someone or speaking in meaningless platitudes. His campaign runs on the idea that he is tough, but Trump is insecure and has had a history of petty lawsuits (many of which he doesn't even follow up on) and petty insults. I'm amazed that of all people considered "sincere" people claim it's Trump, because I think he's just as much of a fraud as any of the other candidates.
>>
File: 1435131196873.png (134 KB, 317x392) Image search: [Google]
1435131196873.png
134 KB, 317x392
>>7854443
>supporting Trump is the new euphoric atheism
>>
File: dfw o baby.png (128 KB, 274x297) Image search: [Google]
dfw o baby.png
128 KB, 274x297
>>7854354
yes. and its a good thing
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.