[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kant is the most important philosopher ever and critique of pure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: immanuel kant.jpg (8 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
immanuel kant.jpg
8 KB, 200x150
Kant is the most important philosopher ever and critique of pure reason is the most important book ever written.
prove me wrong.
>>
He's one of the more important philosopher in the Western tradition, definitely. You can make a pretty strong case for Descartes as well.

Anyway the way this works is that you prove your point, not us disproving it.
>>
Hegel says nein
>>
Kant is the least important philosopher ever and critique of pure reason is the least important book ever written.
prove me wrong.

kill yourself
>>
>>7849832
Philosophy can be so violent sometimes.
>>
>>7849820
Nah, Hume, who Kant was largely a reaction to.
>>
>>7849893
This, also Aristotle.
>>
Kant? More like Kunt

lol
>>
>>7849820
Ur ugly
There you have it
>>
>>7849820
Hegel
>>
Kant literally asked out one (1) girl in his entire life (though letter) and got rejected

LMAO
M
A
O
>>
If we're measuring importance by how deeply and widely they influenced the development of philosophical thought and Western culture in general, then that would be Jesus, hands down.
>>
How can you live by the ethics of a man who could never get laid
>>
>>7849913
>not Plato
>>
>>7849912
Control your savage impulses. Become a better man.
>>
>>7849961
How can a man advocate the categorical imperative and die unmarried and childless without being an anti-natalist?
>>
>>7849919
How can you live by ethics of Neurotypicals who are heavily influenced by their sexual instinct?
>>
>>7849820
Have you even read that thing tho
>>
>>7849978
No, that's why I want you to prove me wrong
>>
>>7849981
Ah!
>>
>>7849976
Neurotypicals? Is this fucking tumblr? Get laid, special snowflake.
>>
>>7849991
>Is this fucking tumblr?
Don't be talking shit about my waifu yo
>>
>>7849976
>>7849968
>>
>>7849997
get out get out get out
>>
>>7849976

Easily, and with comfort

>>7850006
suck it
>>
>>7850011
>Easily, and with comfort
Ignorance is bliss, yes.
>>
>>7850014
But really, answer this.
>>7849968
>>
>>7849968
>>7850017
>marriage
There's not a single point why you'd need to marry.

>childs
Well, Antinatalism is ethically a good choice.

>following the categorical imperative
what's hard 'bout that?
>>
>>7850024
UGH
G
H
>>
>>7849968
/lit/ makes me depressed because I can't figure out whether or not replies such as this one are meant ironically.
>>
>>7850024
ugh

>>7850051
lol... just lol
>>
>>7849820
His name sounds like "cunt"
>>
>>7850129
I don't know nothing of what's 'up', I'm just repeating what is commonly said regarding Plato.
>>
Yes, I pretty like his attitude as well.
>>
>>7850148
Fuck me, oh god, take me, take me!
>>
>>7850119
yes!
>>
File: Initial-D.jpg (87 KB, 470x338) Image search: [Google]
Initial-D.jpg
87 KB, 470x338
the Toyota AE86 (Hachiroku) is the fastest car in the world on a downhill slope, it can even beat a Ferrari F40
>>
>>7850162
You are kindling my deepest desires with this kind of talk, please stop.
>>
>>7849824
This. Kant is IMPORTANT because of his relation to the evolution of Western Tradition. But i wouldn't call him the philosopher, whose most important, in so far that his works aren't as insightfull as for example Hegel.
>>
"lmao its all superstition"
BUT THE STATE THOUGH, OH NO THATS REAL! THE STATE IS NOT AN ARBITRARY MANMADE CONCEPT, IT IS REAL!
He was an edgelord
>>
>>7850869
If there's one philosopher who wasn't an edgelord, it was kant.
>>
>>7849820
I'm not interested in disproving facts.
>>
>>7850896
Shut the fuck up
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.