[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite novel that defies genre classification?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
Some of the greatest books ever written are the hardest to pin down to one genre. Are they science fiction? Fantasy? Mystery? Magical realism? Sometimes the best stories are the slipperiest in terms of labels. What's your favorite genre-defying novel of all time?

Please include a picture of the book cover or something else— and if the book cover doesn't include the title, please list that below. Thanks!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/whats-your-favorite-novel-that-defies-genre-classifica-1259545600
>>
>>7847769
Genre is trivial classification of superficial elements.
>>
File: not a novel but.jpg (69 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
not a novel but.jpg
69 KB, 311x475
>>
File: the-city-and-the-city.jpg (104 KB, 674x1024) Image search: [Google]
the-city-and-the-city.jpg
104 KB, 674x1024
Good luck fishing for #content for a Gawker Media site on here.
>>
File: house of leaves cover.jpg (231 KB, 1104x1475) Image search: [Google]
house of leaves cover.jpg
231 KB, 1104x1475
>>
>>7847769
Just read it.

Who the fuck knows.
>>
Anything by Robert Anton Wilson.
>>
>>7847769
Petersburg by Andrei Bely

I don't even understand what genre it belongs to. It has elements of science fiction, black humor, realism, is a political novel, has elements of magic realism, and is a commentary on Russian corruption.

It's really good.
>>
>>7848007
it's pretty good m8
>>
Rings of Saturn by Sebald.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.