[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ talks about literature a lot, but are any of you actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1444299610152.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444299610152.gif
2 MB, 320x240
/lit/ talks about literature a lot, but are any of you actually writers?

I am really interesting in writing for some reason now, I have a lot of ideas in my head.

How about you guys, what do write? Have you ever planned on writing a novel?
>>
I am currently 3 pages into a Confederacy of Dunces erotic fanfic because i have a fetish for big men
>>
Nice b8
>>
>>7847394
I really hope a gif this reddit is meant as bait, but one can't be sure.
>>
>>7847394
>>7847401
thanks for your contribution

>>7847334
mostly writing short stories for now; i'm actually working on designing a small indie video game with my friend. not strictly literature, but it's more about honing my storytelling skills
>>
>>7847401
whats so bad about reddit? Ive had some great times there
>>
>>7847413
>what's so bad about being a pleb?
>>
>>7847419
thanks what I am asking. I feel no negative effects of it personally
>>
>>7847413

reddit is linked to the concept of the "pleb" and "normie"; it's just a designation used to distance oneself from what "normal" or "average" people like. in doing so, one makes oneself feel special, or at least, a sense of belonging, but to a more superior group (i.e. "patricians")
>>
>>7847435
forgot to add this, but in my experience, the use of "pleb" and "normie," even ironically, also has something to do with people feeling a kind of resentment toward "normal people" because they themselves have trouble assimilating into or at least feeling comfortable amongst "normal people." sour grapes, if you will, for the socially maladjusted.
>>
>>7847439
>assimilating into ... normal people
lmao whoops, ignore that
>>
>>7847341
You can't say that and not let us read it.
>>
>>7847410
You are welcome. Thought it was shitty bait because there's about fifty threads a day about writing, I don't know where the fuck you're looking when you're on here.
>>
I've written about 1000 words a day for 3 years. That totals to three novels, two novellas, and numerous short stories. Currently editing the fifth draft of what I hope to be my first published novel.

If u want to be a writer, then write. Don't what or plot out the story, write it as u go until it bores you and have a great time doing it.
>>
>>7847450
i'm not actually OP. i do think it's funny and a little sad, in an understandable way, that your first response was to firmly say "b8" but then you stuck around anyway
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.