[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Novel Title Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: barks.jpg (250 KB, 499x562) Image search: [Google]
barks.jpg
250 KB, 499x562
You post the title of a hypothetical novel and others guess the plot.

I'll start:
Cheaper than Whores
>>
A story about the American slave trade
>>
>>7846566
Not even close baby!
Now you post a title.
>>
There's a quote from some operative on Operation Mockingbird calling journalists cheaper than whores, so I'm guessing that.
>>
>>7846552
L.
>>
the social justice warrior
>>
The Aristocrats
>>
eat my shorts
>>
And Gored the Dark Waves
>>
>>7846664
A bunch of guys jacking off to Greek philosophy
>>
"An Introduction to Interplanetary Travel"
>>
>>7846764
a treatise on the metaphysical elements of Christopher Nolan's diverse filmography
>>
Bruiseblood
>>
>>7846773
An Apsáalooke Native American skateboards through the land of his ancestors in modern-day Wyoming.
>>
>>7846552

degenerate discovers the Best Things In Life
>>
Ignominy
>>
The Lighthouse Knocked Over
>>
"Behind God's Back"

It is a popular Finish phrase, so there are other things with this title, but I still like it.
>>
>>7847068
colonial america. a priest who is questioning his faith teams up with a cynical cowboy after coming to realize that in order to really change the world, sometimes you have to forsake your own humanity to do it
>>7846829
a fake memoir about a severely disfigured but highly intelligent man born in 19th century london
>>7846837
seen through the eyes of a little girl during the 1st world war who is the daughter of a lighthouse owner in the english channel
>>
On That Bed: A Retrospective with 80s Flashbacks
>>
>>7846837
Postmodern farce / houellebecq type deal / story about a light house which gets knocked over.

Mine's

"I Eat Salamander's Assholes Out Their Squirming Buttocks And My Name Is Taylor Swift And I Live Underground And Have Psychic Powers"
>>
With Minimal Prejudice
>>
lollocaust: the funnyal solution.
>>
>>7846552
a man kidknaps and rapes a women. as she ages she has his children and he grows up to rape them. feeding them all only scraps they work out cheaper than whores.
>>
>>7846552
someone finds out a way to bed women without paying

>>7846566
A introspective look at WW2's effect on rubber production

>>7846661
a person who treats people as equals gets mocked until he commits suicide

>>7846664
A bunch of rich kids wasting their money until one of them has an existential crisis but eventually gets back on path

>>7846670
A teen fed up with the world learns he has no future and reacts the only was he knows how

>>7846751
A bloody story of sea battles of the Napoleonic era. Main character blah blah blah

>>7846764
takes place entirely on earth and never mentions space.

>>7846773
30s america gangs who fight in junkyards

>>7846837
A reinterpretation and reexamination of Virginia Woolf

>>7847729
a magazine of unreleased Kate Bush lewds

>>7848005
A man lives a boring life and dies

>>7848017
a dark comedy about you know what, instead of Zyklon B they fill up the showers with laughing gas
>>
Longdick Johnson: Sandcastle Diplomacy
>>
my diary desu
>>
This reminds me of a dream I had about a book I had published. The basic plot of it was something like Jeb Bush was president and constantly getting put up to doing wacky things in the White House by his ne'er-do-well brother George ("Dubya") and having to go to his wise sage father for advice to fix it. The novel touches on nationalism and the importance of independence as well as a shattered sense of masculinity in our hero, Jeb!

Thinking of 'Two in the Bush' as a title. What do y'all think?
>>
>>7846664
A group of hobos that hang around a university campus at night. They burn the books to keep warm.

>>7846751
The captain of a fishing schooner off the coast of Maine is killed when the fishing machinery snaps during a storm and impales him. The crew argue amongst themselves who is to assume the captaincy on the return voyage.

>>7846773
A haemophiliac wants to become a boxer but his family are strongly against this.

>>7847068
A first-person account of a Catholic priest molesting young boys, grappling with both the guilt and the draw to the sexual thrill.

>>7848005
A police officer shoots an armed black man at the scene of a robbery. Black man as reaching for gun etc. Police commissioner decides he was well within his rights to shoot him, but an angry mob of black people wants him lynched.

>>7848017
On April Fools' Day, Hitler says to his officials, 'Hey guys, wouldn't it be crazy if we rounded up all the Jews and exterminated them en masse?' The officials don't realise it was a joke and they organise the whole operation in excruciating detail and murder the 6 million. Hitler realises what they've done and he gets into some crazy hijinks trying to cover it up before the Allies reach Berlin.
>>
When the Rain comes
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.