[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought Joyce's Dubliners, The Potrait of Artist As
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 176x193) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 176x193
Just bought Joyce's Dubliners, The Potrait of Artist As Young Man and Ulysses from Everyman's Library. Did I fuck it up? What an I in for /lit/?
>>
it sounds like you've procured the first three of joyce's major works

this gives you the option to read them chronologically

they're definitely joyce

enjoy
>>
For a short story collection, a coming-of-age novel and one of the most wide-ranging novels in the English language. The former two are also useful to understand (more of) the latter.
>>
>not starting with Finnegans Wake

casual as fuck
>>
>>7846415
It's not available in Everyman's Library catalog or else I'd have bought that as well.
>>
>>7846424

I think that comment was a joke given that FW is pretty much impenetrable
>>
You did great, I'd say read them chronologically but at least make sure you've read Portrait before starting Ulysses. I did that and now I'm reading Dubliners alongside Ulysses and enjoying it immensely although the styles are very different.
>>
you dun gud. all three are amazing in their own right. plus those everyman's hardcovers are sexy as fugg
>>
>>7846327
Can you please post a picture?
I love the way the Everyman's Library books look.

I only have Ulysses from them and the others ( Dubliners and Potrait) do not look as pretty.

I want to see them together.
>>
>>7846327
>Did I fuck it up?
The opposite.
>What an I in for /lit/?
A joyous ride.
>>
>>7846327
you don't need to read anything before joyce, just jump in.
>>
File: joyce is a hack.jpg (87 KB, 643x591) Image search: [Google]
joyce is a hack.jpg
87 KB, 643x591
>>7846327
>>
>>7847968
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>7847968
HOW COULD YOU PAULO

AND TO THINK I ONCE DEFENDED THE ALCHEMIST

REEEEEE
>>
>>7847968
>brazilian

lmao, cultural appropriation in this thread

if ur not white, u can't judge our culture

check ur privilege
>>
>>7847968
top kek
>>
does anyone have the 'i'm an english grad but ulysses is too hard why is joyce allowed to make his own language' copypasta pls?
>>
>>7847982
Ireland is insignificant.
>>
>>7848028
>>7847982
this isn't /int/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.