[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
beginner level writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1429647436730.png (30 KB, 797x699) Image search: [Google]
1429647436730.png
30 KB, 797x699
I got back into reading about a year ago. I've read most of the /lit/ "starter" selection and a few random recommendations. Books have really helped fill the emptiness I'd been feeling in my life. I love reading all kinds and getting various perspectives through history real and imagined. But now I want to do some writing of my own.

I've been doing some prompts from this book I got but I'm not happy with my progress. Everyone in my life has always told me to just write what I want and not worry about others' opinions. Sure I get their reasoning but I know it's very possible to do so and still be objectively terrible. I don't want to be terrible; I want to improve.

Tell a beginner how to get better. Be it your own personal advice or a particular reading you recommend.
>>
learn another language and read about art
>>
File: dammit dimitri.gif (363 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
dammit dimitri.gif
363 KB, 500x322
>>7841683
>want to write in English
can you explain what good that would do me? and where am I even supposed to start with that second suggestion?
>>
>>7841674
Take a college level creative writing workshop. There is literally no better way to improve than to write shit and get feedback while also reading other people's shit and giving feedback. Also, keep reading. Also, just write as much as you can and accept that if you want to be a serious writer, you'll never be happy with your progress.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.