[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to experience the world to understand it, or is being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Do I need to experience the world to understand it, or is being well read good enough?
If the former, do I need to travel the world to experience it, or is understanding my small realm enough?
>>
Come on man you know the answer. You just come here to let shut ins validate you.
>>
>>7839413
Why not both?

Are some kind of working class philistine who can't afford to travel the world?
>>
>>7839422
Yeah that's true. I guess my real question is how can describe my shut in life to sound patrician and just as fulfilling as a proper person's?
>>
>>7839413
What did you think of Doctor Faustus? I think I'll read it next
>>
>>7839552
I enjoyed it a lot, although I think I wouldn't be got even more out of it if I understood more about music; there is a lot of contemplation of the philosophy of music.
My fav Mann work is death in Venice, it brought me to tears.
>>
>>7839574
I'm musically illiterate (if that's the right way to say it) so perhaps I should learn the basics before beginning it. I'd recommend the Magic Mountain, I'd say it's my favourite book. Although currently I've just started Buddenbrooks.
>>
>>7839413
Immanuel Kant never traveled more than 30 miles outside of his birthplace, and yet we think of him as one of the greatest philosophers ever.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.