[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad that this is my favorite book and ive read it 14 times?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: The-Perks-of-Being-a-Wallflower.jpg (347 KB, 503x768) Image search: [Google]
The-Perks-of-Being-a-Wallflower.jpg
347 KB, 503x768
Is it bad that this is my favorite book and ive read it 14 times?
>>
File: qt4603o1_400.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
qt4603o1_400.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>7838493
... We're all God's children.
>>
>>7838493
yes
if the movie is anything to go by
>>
Absolutely the worst book I've ever read. If you're older than the age of 12 you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>7838594
op probably has a vagina, you cant expect her to have any sort of taste. she must be taught by her alpha patric. bf
>>
>>7838505
it is not

>>7838493
no.
my opinion is objective.

i sometimes read this book an contemplate suicide while crying like a little bitch.
>>
>>7838598
again, this user has a vagina, someone please buy her some jules verne or something
>>
>>7838598
Honestly if the only thing stopping you from killing yourself is this horrendous novel then I think you should admit to yourself that your life doesn't have value.
>>
This book send to resonate with a lot of people. My gf made me watch the movie and had recommended the book to me several times. She says got her through some rough times. Once I looked in her journal and, among other disturbing things, she had written a list of favorite movies one of which was perks. In the margins she wrote "2014 saviour!"
>>
>>7838616
this book is not stopping me
its more like triggering some reflex in me and then i get incredibly sad.
that happens on other occasions too (while watching some random ass movie, while trying to sleep)
this book just 100% of times makes me want to end it
>>
>>7838493
this book is probably the best written teen/angsty book. Catcher In the Rye was whiny, so was many others but somehow this really wasn't that whiny. Even though blantly this book makes anyone feel suicidal. I never hated it, infact it was one of the few books where when I finished it. I didn't say anything all day. It was petty phenomenal. Definitely doesn't deserve hate

>>7838594
if its the worst book you've ever read, then you haven't been reading alot
>>
>>7838493
I liked it. It's like a vanilla Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
>>
>>7838647
exactly! The writer wasn't a try hard. He didn't overdo the drugs and sex. He made very lovable characters like Patrick and Mary Elizabeth. It was more realistic and had less bullshit than other teen books
>>
>>7838647
>alot
>>
DUDE HE'S SHY BECAUSE HE GOT MOLESTED LMAO

DUDE THEY'RE TOTALLY UNPOPULAR LONERS BUT UH THEY GO TO PARTIES ALL THE TIME LMAO
>>
>>7838661
aint no grammar not no nazi
>>
>>7838663
wrong thread buddy and if youre being serious then you haven't read this book
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.