[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charlie Bone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 313x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 313x475
Opinions about this series?
Read all 8. This is my favorite one.

>inb4 young adult
>>
>>7838179

I remember it being marketed at Scholastic book fairs as being "the new Harry Potter." I judged it as a lame rip-off of Harry Potter stuck with Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and Garth Nix books.
>>
>>7838179
I remember reading this series. Knock off Harry Potter, but I didn't mind at the time. I remember the books being designed so that they were the thickness of a Harry Potter book, but there was so much empty space between the lines that I could finish them easily and feel smart for having read a book with so many pages so quickly.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 480x640
>>7838185
>>7838183
Knock off Harry Potter? You two are delusional. What does this have anything to do with Harry Potter besides length? Comparing all big books with spaced writing to Harry Potter is the most pleb thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>7838203
>10 year old with magical powers
>Sent off to boarding school for those with magical powers
>Talking pictures
>Taken care of by uncaring extended family
>Released at the height of Harry Potter's popularity.
>Book on time travel
>Book about a basilisk that attacks with magical afflictions.

And let me guess. You think this was all a gigantic coincidence right? Face it, the marketers played you like a fiddle. Harry Potter is better anyways.
>>
>>7838226
Fuck even the god damn cover art could be mistaken for being Harry and Ron
>>
>>7838226
Have no problem with Harry Potter. This is not it, and no it was not marketed to be the same. This was released right after Chamber of Secrets. The plot was entirely different despite some of the similar aspects.
>>
>>7838236
Actually, it was released after Goblet of Fire which is when Harry Potter really took off. Obviously it wasn't copied word for word, but it was taking advantage of the trend just like all those other vampire novels that coincidentally came out when Twilight went big.

It is obviously a product designed to catch the readers of Harry Potter while they waited for the next book.
>>
>>7838254
I guess so. You know your homework. Have you read the whole series?
>>
>>7838263
I honestly don't know haha. It has been quite a few years. I remember a few of the plot points here and there, but for the most part it just blends together with most of the YA/children's fiction I was reading at the time.
>>
>>7838272
This series sort of stood out to me. This one had amazing plots of every book. Was my exception to the YA genre, besides a few various others.
>>
Worse-than-average middle years books. One of the most transparent attempts to ride Harry Potter's coattails
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 750x1334
>>7838294
This opinion has already been shared you regurgitating faggot.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.