[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to wrap my head around Stirner. What are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I'm trying to wrap my head around Stirner. What are some examples of spooks, or ways spooks influence our thinking today?

Obviously religion/the church is one example. What others?
>>
ideology *sniff*
>>
"freedom" "romantic love" "democracy" "technology" "science"
just the obv. ones.
>>
>>7837087
That's a buzzword. What do you mean by that? A socially democratic point of view is a spook? What does that even mean?
>>
>>7837092
Isn't freedom something man can arrive at on his own? Just doing whatever he wants, not being bound to external whims?
>>
File: low.png (103 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
low.png
103 KB, 420x420
>>7837096
>>
>I'm trying to wrap my head around Stirner.

Then maybe you should read his fucking book in which he explains his ideas at length and gives countless examples (most of which are as relevant today as they were during his lifetime) instead of posting on 4chan.
>>
>>7837101
Man is born into a relationship with civil society - every piece of knowledge we may reasonably claim to know has been fed to us with the underlying intention of keeping us within the limits of conventional conduct and behaviours.

This is required of us within the contractual agreements of being designated a 'civil' human being and participating in a societal environment.

Freedom is a spook.
>>
>>7837153
Perhaps the western capitalistic idea of freedom. I'm still not seeing how man doesn't arrive at a desire for autonomy from within.
>>
>>7837081
spooks are notions. Go ahead and drop that word in casual conversations now
>>
>>7837081
Everything that isn't tangible is a spook. If you cannot touch it 99.99% chance it is a spook. Things that aren't spooks are property, but private property and systems of property are spooks.
>>
>>7837322
Reactionaries trying to appropriate stirner is the spookiest spook of them all. Stirner nakedly advocates class struggle.
>>
>>7837339
some people just can't unspook themselves. It's silly that they'd bother to appropriate Stirner because Nietzsche is essentially in line with the reactionary agenda and has many of the same general ideas.

I see mostly """anarcho"""capitalists trying to invoke the spook of Stirner (who is now a spook himself seeing as he is dead and dead people are spooks) since Nietzsche makes it blatantly clear that he thinks capitalism is an extremely degenerate system.
>>
>>7837602
Are you saying that only the dead will know peace from spooks?
>>
>>7837627
The dead become spooks so no, not even death delivers you from spooks.
>>
>>7837322
>>7837602
Matter is a spook. Reality is a spook.
>>
>>7837081
What on earth is this thread
>>
>>7839150
It's a spook!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.