[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with Claude?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: CLAUDE.jpg (238 KB, 1019x894) Image search: [Google]
CLAUDE.jpg
238 KB, 1019x894
Where do I start with Claude?
>>
Fistfucktural Anthropology
>>
Mixmatrual Significancy Biolingiologio Anthropology.

Or Mooshoonahha Anthropology.
>>
Tristes Tropiques
>>
If you don't know too much about anthropology, though it's not a very original suggestion, Tristes Tropiques
>>
>>7836863
Read The Structural Study of Myth first. It's short and pretty introductory to his work. Notice how the project of discerning underlying structures is a methodology he snaked from structural linguistics.

I think Father Christmas Executed is a good one after that. On the shorter side, wry, and one of those articles that I think really shows off how deft a thinker he was. There's a great quote by some other famous anthropologist of the 60s and 70s that reading Levi Strauss feels like you're being fooled by a conman because you just can't believe he pulled it all together like he did. Victor Turner maybe, but idr. You could probably google and find this article.

Structural Anthropology is a great introductory book though because it's all articles and organized into sections, so fairly easy to zero in on a topic and jump right in. Not a continuous argument like The Savage Mind is.

And after that, read Beyond Nature and Culture by Phillipe Descola. He now holds Levi-Strauss' professorship at the College de France. Chair of Anthropology I think. Anyway, it's one of the best works of anthropological theory of the 21st century and will give you an idea of current issues and problem spaces.
>>
>>7837340
what about Mythologiques, fäm?
>>
>>7837340
Not even OP but thanks bro.
>>
>>7837340
OP here, thanks bro for actually answering the question and not memeing.
>>
>>7837382
A four volume set on mythology? Not introductory imo. I haven't really read much of it myself tho, so I'm not as familiar.

You raise the question of how to approach The Raw and the Cooked though, which is one of hsi more famous pieces. Truth be told, I've never really understood it that well but think for an intro, it accomplishes the same things that The Structrual Study of Myth does. That is, show how to boil (no culinary pun intended) things down to consitutent concepts and make culturally salient points from those
>>
>>7838120
I agree with your advising, though Beyond Nature and Culture isn't exactly an intro either!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.