[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some essential books that an artist and/or musician
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
What are some essential books that an artist and/or musician should read? Even if it's beginner stuff.
>>
karl marx
every book the established contrarian canon
le greeks
smashing the patriarchy and assorted works
the bible
>>
Biographies are fun.

Doubt it will be of any real use though.

Maybe it will help you see how different bands started off and give you ideas of how you can start off?
I don't really know.
>>
>>7836301
I mean something more technical. Maybe something on aesthetics and ethics
>>
OK, let me clarify. I want literature relating to applied aesthetics. e.g beauty, harmony and organization
>>
>>7836357
the western canon

start with the greeks
>>
>>7836359
/thread
>>
>>7836290
The Theatre and its Double by Artaud is well worth a read.
>>
I can tell from your question and the picture that you posted that you're a humongous fagdroid
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.