[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the ASOIAF of science fiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
And don't just say Dune cause that's clearly the The Lord of the Rings of science fiction not the ASOIAF
>>
Star Wars tie in books.
>>
The Foundation Series
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Gaskun's 15 volume space opera. God knows how bad it is tho.
>>
>>7835275
I wouldn't say its the 'asoiaf of science fiction' but Ian M. Banks' Culture series is pretty good if you're looking for mature science fiction.

The Player of Games is a good place to start imo.
>>
Way too long and involves a ton of characters? Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

I just realized that the first 2 books have been published just this month!

WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE
>>
>>7835420
Oh, the second one is coming in July, nevertheless, quite a few people on /lit/ have been waiting for this
>>
>>7835275
I'd love to see Night's Dawn adapted as a series. There's easily enough plot to fill several seasons.
>>
>>7835275

The Expanse, 100%.

Political intrigue, looming unknowable enemies, it's actually written by GoT showrunners too which certainly helps and they've worked with GRRM. James S A Corey is the pseudonym, there's two of them. Strongly recommend it.
>>
>>7835505
how far does the first season go?
The entire first book?
And how faithful did it stay with the plot?
I only ever wathed the first episode, because of their retarded international copyright policies.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.