[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any psychonaut in /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: doors.jpg (22 KB, 197x300) Image search: [Google]
doors.jpg
22 KB, 197x300
Any psychonaut in /lit/?
>>
>>7834889
DUDE
>>
>>7834895
dude
>>
File: 6244.jpg (18 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
6244.jpg
18 KB, 500x452
what is "in"?
>>
File: Mendlebrot.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Mendlebrot.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>7834889
Are there any psychonauts on /lit/?*
>>
File: sock.jpg (233 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
sock.jpg
233 KB, 600x700
Yes, /lit/ is the unofficial drug board of 4chan.

Writing about drugs is silly, though. Use them as inspiration, sure, or as a plot device. But writing about your trips is like writing about your dreams.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26 KB, 373x256) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
26 KB, 373x256
>>7834913
gosh no I'd never take drugs, how naughty!
>>
>>7834895
WEED
>>
>>7834918
Actually, I think /x/ is the unofficial drug board (at least insofar as psychedelics are concerned).
>>
>>7834918
>like writing about your dreams.
Georges Perec did that and it was pretty good actually
>>
>>7834889
More like doors of perspiration
>>
>>7834936
Nah, that gotta be /sci/
>>
>>7834924
Want to upload that folder to mega and post a link?
>>
>>7834918
>>7834936
>>7835193
/ck/ is also a drugsboard

But yeh I'm here.

Proli gna order some hbwr seeds for extraction purposes
>>
>>7834889

Yes, just finished "Miserable miracle" which was really good. "Island" by Huxley is a favorite of mine when it comes to psychedelic lit.
>>
>>7835605
>/ck/ is also a drugsboard

What
>>
>>7834924
You've got a problem, anon...
>>
>>7834889
Just read this. Pretty good. Reading Heaven and Hell now and it gets even better. I like LSD a lot, bought a microdot the other day, the problem is that I don't have the time right now since this shit's effect can last like 2 days. I'd like to try mescaline some day.
>>
>>7834918
I know a guy who writes most of his stuff when he's high but when he sobers up he burns it all because he says what he writes when high is retarded.
>>
>>7835765
I read both. LSD is the only way a non-artist can think and feel like an artist.
>>
File: average_xtard.jpg (11 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
average_xtard.jpg
11 KB, 275x184
>>7834936
nah, /x/ is just full of tards who always begins their histories in the following fashion

>be me, age 17
> trip to the woods with gf/friends
> had a pair of beers/smoke a joint/etc

there is a difference between being a psychonaut and a regular hillbilly
>>
Yep. I smoked DMT 4 times today. The afterglow is very conducive to creativity in writing. I've also found that low doses of psilocybin (I've been a big fan of 4-AcO-DMT lately, a prodrug of psilocin) takes reading to another level. I read most of Stoner tripping and was thoroughly destroyed. Highly recommended.
>>
>>7835765
>2 days
No
>>
>>7834918
So where is the line?

If some guy goes "last night I had this dream" I probably wouldn't like it, but if someone just took a dream they had and made it into a story, then it could be quite good.

I love when stories have that dream feel and I wouldn't mind it if some took their entire plot, characters, etc. from a dream.
>>
>>7836278

So I guess I really am just a shit writer then.
>>
Disillusioned psychonaut here. Became passionate about psychedelics when I started reading trip reports on Erowid because I was blown away by how powerfully they can alter reality and reveal 'deeper meanings' (or bullshit, depending on your perspective) for people who couldn't reach that knowledge consciously. I started to read everything I could find about them, and experiment with them cautiously, always by myself. It wasn't life-changing by any means, but all the same I had some very positive experiences. My dream was to become the modern day equivalent of a shaman, to help people suffering from spiritual/existential crises and to guide them towards a happier life.

I never found anyone to share my passion with, because every other person I found who was interested in taking psychedelics was just some idiot stoner who just wanted to get as fucked up as possible, with absolutely no respect for the drugs. I stopped taking them a few years ago when I became depressed (I thought it was irresponsible to mix mental illness and solo tripping) and the more mature me stopped looking at these drugs as a potential answer, and saw them as just another distraction from reality. I'm thinking of getting some shrooms in and giving it another shot though - I think I'm level-headed enough not to become suicidal even if I have a difficult trip, and I could really use some sort of profound experience to give my life purpose again.

I have a big folder of psychedelic literature on my Kindle, and made it about halfway through. I haven't looked at it for years, but the authors I remember as writing interesting books about this topic are Terrence McKenna, Timothy Leary, Stanislav Grof, Rick Strassman, and Alexander Shulgin. There are probably some more that I've forgotten, it's an interesting field.
>>
>>7835731
Yeah bro, you didn't know? Drugs are almost like food
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.