[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so much better reading on a kindle than an actual book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (33 KB, 300x395) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33 KB, 300x395
Why is it so much better reading on a kindle than an actual book?

Is it the possibility that you can have all the books with one touch?

With books I have never wanted to hold it and read it for more than a hour. With my kindle I want to read all day and I praise it for giving me the opportunity to read all the books that I want without me spending thousands of dollars on paper

Tl;dl Discuss how all the plebs need to have paper to read are actually in love with the image or reading.
>>
Isn't really that great for textbooks and stuff you need to constantly re-read pages
>>
>kindle
You know you could make twice as much money if you also shilled for other e-reader manufacturers who aren't Amazon? Make sure both contracts are on paper though, nomsayin?
>>
I can only use my kindle in broad daylight cause otherwise the backlight reflects off my glasses and makes it so that I might as well not be wearing them since it's all blurry (yes, even on the lowest brightness setting).

No regrets about buying it though, and I'll still buy physical books and read them too, since like most normal people I give more of a fuck about reading the book than what format I read it in.
>>
>>7828771
What's the difference though? And for uni I would think it would be so much better than a bunch of ol' heavy books.
>>
>>7828780
>it would be so much better than a bunch of ol' heavy books.
>he doesn't lift
fuck man, you just lost all the /fit/ crossboarders money. more of them have real jobs too.
>>
>>7828780
Try studying from a kindle and tell me
>>
Doesn't /lit/ ever get tired of making these threads?
>>
>>7828763
>hurr durr im a tech fetichist
>>
The possibility of tapping on a word and instantly getting its definition/translation almost justifies paying the price point, specially if you are learning a new language.
The fact that you can also get basically any book on it for free just makes it a no-brainer
>>
>>7828850
I never find the book I want available on Kindle, it's a less friendly way to read, I can't lend it, I can't easily find it again, I can't leave many books opened and cross-checking pages, I can't leave notes in it and I find it absurdly overpriced.

It also hurt my eyes. That's why I don't like it.
>>
>>7828838
/lit/ isn't Amazon
>>
is it similar to reading pdfs on a regular pc monitor? cuz that is horrible to read on.
>>
>>7828874
Lol, touche.
>>
>>7828763
anything that has a map or similar reference in the opening pages, the Kindle is absolutely garbage for.
>>
fuck your fake ass electronic book, and fuck you too for makimg this bullshit thread.
>>
>>7828877
No. The light is emitted in the other direction.
>>
>>7828763
ebooks are soulless
>>
>>7828969
And after an investment, free.
>>
>>7828969
>>7828969
>>
>>7828969
Why are they soulless? The words are still the same! The meanings still remain. What changes is simply the format. People that need a book on their hands need to fulfill that "image" of a idealistic reader so that they find reading attractive. It's pathetic really.
>>
>>7829047
Fuck you, amazon shill. Nobody wants to buy your bullshit products. Go to facebook and reddit, and convince the normies and faggots to pimp their humanity to techbology, but let us pseudo-intellectuals at /lit/ with our real books alone.
>>
studies have shown retention and understanding are significantly higher with physical books than the same works read on e readers. not to mention that staring at a screen can't be good. i know people say its not like a cpu or cell phone, but still, id rather not
>>
>>7829087
Please provide these studies.
>>
>>7829087
>studies have shown

That study wasnt performed exclusively on e-readers
They counted normies who read on their phones and cant go 5 minutes without having another facebook chat
>>
>>7829096
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/27/print-ebooks-studies_n_6762674.html

the ones i refer to specifically are the ones on immersion and retention
>>
>>7829096
lol look at you go!

Proud momma
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.