[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have I gone too far into a Jungian line of thinking if I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 598px-Shield_of_Achilles.jpg (136 KB, 598x600) Image search: [Google]
598px-Shield_of_Achilles.jpg
136 KB, 598x600
Have I gone too far into a Jungian line of thinking if I've begun to conceptualize the wholeness of the Cosmos as understood in classical antiquity through the Greek mythological canon as the forms imprinted within our collective unconscious creating a psychoanalytic mural of allegorical archetypes and thoughtforms, which when accessed by particular individuated psyches allows one to integrate higher ordered abstract knowledge of human existence, becoming aligned with a transcendent identity beyond the immediacy of biological experience?

This obviously extends to other mythological conceptions of the Cosmos as well throughout all civilizations, acting as their cultures psychoanalytic imprint within the collective unconcious of humanity
>>
Can you cast spells yet?

I hear when you get to Crowley level, you can make women's tops fly off.
>>
>>7826047
I cannot believe how many fancy words you used to describe such a foolish idea

I'm being bamboozled, right?
>>
File: 1458207088038.jpg (44 KB, 570x315) Image search: [Google]
1458207088038.jpg
44 KB, 570x315
>>7826047
>>
>>7826047
Keep going man. Tell me more.
>>
>>7826073
Ritual magic should be understood as the act of aligning ones physical reality with the thoughtforms of this metaphysical realm with the collective unconscious I've described. The act of sex, separated from profane materialism, achieves the unity of physical and spiritual being, the rapturous elation of the orgasm freed from material sensuality acting as the catalyst allowing one to become aligned with a higher state of consciousness
>>
>>7826078
I'm honestly open to hearing out your opposing point of view in a discussion
>>
>>7826047
>>7826167
So to be as straight forward as possible you are saying that people use mythology and religion as a way to understand the world and the universe around us or are you saying that the universe around us gives us mythology and religion as a way to understand concepts we can't yet understand?
>>
>>7826047

If anything you can never go far enough.

I'd really love to get into him, but so many books to read, y'know?

Could you try explaining the Jungian reasoning starting from, say, more immediate experience? Sometimes I think I might grok some of his ideas but I don't know Jung well enough to know.
>>
>>7826171

1. you overestimate the collective unconscious(if it even exists) and the clarity of the shit that can be gleaned from it
2. you overestimate the effect of understanding collective unconscious

>when accessed by particular individuated psyches allows one to integrate higher ordered abstract knowledge of human existence, becoming aligned with a transcendent identity beyond the immediacy of biological experience?

is just a fancy way to describe a kind of empathy, ability to model other people's drives, mental models and motivations, there's nothing mysterious or advanced about it. hell, your avg high flying corporate executive is probably pretty good at it, at least in his professional sphere
>>
>>7826175
Like Plato said, all learning is remembering. The psychoanalytic archetypes expressed in mythology are reflections of the perfected forms of ideals within our psyches, with these archetypes leading particular individuals into higher degrees of development of the psyche and the actualization of these ideals in physical reality
>>
>>7826221
I'm simply suggesting that through the development of this sense of empathetic understanding of the inner nature of the world surrounding oneself, an individual given the proper vision and metaphysical guidance could shape the world in the image of transcendence
>>
>>7826221
I'd also suggest that while the initial understanding one has if the collective unconscious is that of an unformed chaotic landscape, it's true forms are simply obscured, and one who has individuized himself from the collective unconscious through Inferno esque descents into it can cultivate vivid clarity of it's architecture over the course of his contemplations
>>
>>7826218
I suppose I'd describe Jungian reasoning as the notion that hidden knowledge of the nature of one's consciousness as individual from the wellspring of the collective unconscious can be discerned through the expression of abstractions in creative artistry, with one able to attain fully realized actualization of their personality in knowing recognition that the understanding their active imagination is the condition for true participation in the universe extending beyond personal experience. Through this acquired sense of an intermediate world, one can gain a deeper understanding of the true nature of others in the same way he gained an understanding of his own nature.

Building upon this, one would also come to understand the structure and development of religious imagery and symbolism as building a framework for the mass psychoanalytic development of the human mind in relation to the hidden knowledge of the collective unconcious
>>
lol nerd
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 629x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 629x810
Are you the Persephone bro? If so, here's a pic of your goddess I thought you might like.

Anyway, I'm a Jungian of sorts myself. I think though that you should look more into the concept of the animus mundi. The collective unconscious is like the depths of genetic memory which is still limited. The animus mundi is the wordsoul which is unlimited. Obviously, there's a dialectic to the interactions of the two but, IMO, if you wanna align your physical reality with metaphysical reality then you need to astral project and talk to archetypes that are living and not the dead vestiges of gods from ancient civilizations.
>>
>>7826515
Indeed I am, and I see truth in equating the collective unconscious with the depths of genetic memory. I admittedly am still unable to complete my alignment with transcendence, as if I'm still among the foundation and have yet to begin scaling the heights above me. I've come to understand that the conscious assimilation of my true self will coincide with the course of my entire life. Each new challenge in this will take a different shape.

My method for realizing my active imagination in the continued pursuit of my individuation process took shape as the cathartic emotions I was able to experience from a contemplative distance watching the primal archetypes forming the architecture of the ordered Cosmos, it's imagery and symbolism cultivated from the Greek Mystery religions, witnessing the transformation of these archetypes into conscious cohesiveness as the forms framed by my active imagination manifested with greater clarity. Persephone emerged as the vivid archetype of my Anima, her rapture to the depths of the Underworld, tasked with navigating it's lost halls, bright torch in hand bringing light to the horrors hidden in the dark, overcoming and integrating the fearful nature embodied by each monster within her own nature, consecrating herself as their new mistress as she radiantly under went the transfiguration into the Queen of the Underworld, her nascent essence of the Maiden Kore empowered through the discernment and integration of the hidden wisdom found in the Underworlds dark horrors into her complex personification as Persephone. As it's Queen and Mother, her edification and transformative journey was reflected in the landscape and architecture of the Underworld itself, it's obfuscating darkness submitting to her and revealing a renewed Kingdom made clear and vivid in the unification of conscious and unconscious.

I'll forever have this world with me in my imagination, so completely visualized
>>
So if I conform to my idea of Hercules, in my own mind of course, I will become Hercules?
>>
>>7826885
Well it takes a long time to paint with completeness the range of complexities within these archetypes, the full dimensions of their natures as individuals, their symbolic meaning in relation to other figures in the mythology and how the interplay between them reveals new complexities within them both that was unseen when apart from one another, you have to at least have a roughly accurate timeline of when each scene your archetypes are framed in is taking place in the chronological order of the canon and it's meaning from the outter most thematic layer of the mythologies Cosmic abstractions through it's intricate symbolism and the meaning it gives and is given in relation to the Archetypes and rituals this system is in put in relation with. Nothing is ever an object or interaction in and of itself without metaphor. The Greek mythological canon builds upon itself and a lot of it's meaning is found in distant parallels to the significance of imagery that is assumed familiar to the observer. This kind of meditative process demands that your frame of reference has that familiarity to at least some degree. Obviously you will bring aspects into your conception of these Archetypes that originate from your own personal experiences, but the idea of this is not to view and autobiographical projection that is only your own personal unconcious thoughts, but allows you into the collective unconcious and the wider range of the shared human experience in an effort to attain understanding of who you are as an individual and know your connection with others. The understanding you have of the nature of the Cosmos these myths are taking place in place an important part.

Besides that, I'd say you'd find yourself feeling more akin to Theseus, who held Herakles as his heroic idol and guiding principle from when he was a boy, and throughout his travels was compelled to seek out tasks for acts of heroism in the aspiration of aligning himself with Herakles idealized form. You might end up identifying with the inner conflict of Theseus in the Labyrinth of the Minotaur, the struggle in the psyche between ones idealized higher nature and his lower beastial nature, finding yourself faced with the same mental battle in different ways
>>
>>7826515
The vaginal imagery with that pomegranate is off putting
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.