[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No memes, is this worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Les-Miserables.jpg (358 KB, 1108x1600) Image search: [Google]
Les-Miserables.jpg
358 KB, 1108x1600
No memes, is this worth reading?
>>
>No memes
>>
File: 1455753753760.jpg (57 KB, 653x638) Image search: [Google]
1455753753760.jpg
57 KB, 653x638
>>7824250
>no memes

You seem to be lost
>>
>less miserable
>they end up more miserable at the end

hugo you hack
>>
File: sTmBhH.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
sTmBhH.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>7824274
>le 4chan lite pink bodysuit man
>>
Speaking of overrated 19th century French publications, is this worth reading?
>>
Yeah, it is. You're right to say that it's overrated but it has some beautiful scenes. It's cheesy as hell, but fun.
>>
>>7824491
It's better than Les Miserables in my opinion, but I still think that it's a bit overrated.

It was very entertaining though, and quite easy to read, as I remember reading it when I was around 12, and I never had a problem with it.
>>
I would bet my own balls you're all 'mmmuricans right? There's litteraly no one in the world that consider Hugo and Dumas "a lil bit overrated" and Melville a genius. I mean, "moby dick" is objectively a shit, but 'cause the author's True mmmerican that fucking book is considered by all of I a masterpiece.
>>
>>7824590
Butthurt tasteless wop detected
>>
>>7824250
Didn't Ayn Rand say she loved Hugo? HAHAHAHAHA
>>
It's damn schlocky. Read some Flaubert instead.
>>
>>7824590
Moby Dick is genius and beautiful dumbass.
>>
>>7824491

Yes, but it has a bit of the same trouble as Les Mis in that it takes fucking forever to get to the good parts. Like, the count doesn't get to the jail island until around hundred pages into the book.
>>
>>7824809

>schlocky
>Suggests Gustav "Flowery Fucking Frenchman" Flaubert

wew
>>
>>7824491
It's a long book but it's entertaining. It's agonizing how the pace of the book slowly creaks to the good part, but god damn does it feel good when everything falls into place.
>>
>>7824250
totally worth it

>>7824455
kek every time

>>7824491
>overrated
Why do you think that Les Miserables is overrated? It's popular, right, but certainly not overrated. I tend to agree with>>7824590.
>>
>>7824590
non 'murican here, read Bartleby and tell me he's overrated.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.