[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, misogynistics of /lit/: how can you justify your views while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 316x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 316x499
So, misogynistics of /lit/: how can you justify your views while knowing the first novel was written by a Japanese gal?
>>
Obviously he identified as a male you transphobic shitlord
>>
This isn't even coherent mate.
>>
has anyone here read this? is it any good?
>>
File: 1449316939213.jpg (135 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
1449316939213.jpg
135 KB, 752x1063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7utU8Efow
>>
>>7823868
we like asian women,
it's the white women we hate
>>
>>7823868
The novel has always been a form of art dedicated towards women, as men were expected to read philosophy and history and works of rhetoric.
>>
>>7823904
Actually this song goes in, I've been listening to it for 4 minutes now. Thanks Anon!
>>
Misogyny is a r9k meme
>>
>>7823868
IIiiii Love It! It's an anime weaboo image board, you dip. Of course the lit board here loves it. I haven't finished it, because you could bust a kneecap with it, but...
From an objective view, her innovation alone is mind blowing. Her prose is beautiful, I spent time with a Japanese professor realizing this since I'd only read parts in English. The use of poetry, I don't think has any sort of equivalent in the Western world except for fantasy novels that use lots of little poems and novels that throw in a verse here and there - but not as well done.
That being said, we live - and the majority of us study in the West, so the first novel for most people is Don Quixote (even though it's not).
>>
File: 2329.jpg (87 KB, 940x1133) Image search: [Google]
2329.jpg
87 KB, 940x1133
>William T. Vollmann calls “Tale of Genji” is inexhaustible. He's patrician as fuck.
My misogyny relates to the contemporary roasties. Women were women back then, now they are not even worth raping.
>>
>>7824036
Eh, true that a lot of the current crap is from dumb robots hanging around betaing the place up, but /lit/ has its own misogynistic memes too. Mainly Schopenposting.
>>
>Reading translations

トップケック
>>
>>7826037
Schopenhauer only derides the lying women, which any ethical Kantian would.
>>
>>7826222
>tfw Japanese people read the Japanese translation of the English translation...
メガウルトラトップケック
>>
File: 111p0i.gif (2 MB, 194x270) Image search: [Google]
111p0i.gif
2 MB, 194x270
Chicks are a Rorschach test for guys. If you think all women these days are crazy bitches who only want your money then it's probably because those are the only ones you can get. I grew up in fucking Kentucky and met lots of chick who were smart, beautiful, and emotionally stable (as in chicks who were all three).
Your responses of "Hur durr only Western women are like that. Asians are so beautiful and respectful of 'family values' oh woe is me why can' I get an amazing girl like that?"
Sorry, you'd be a faggot in any country.
>>
>>7826563
How many of these amazing chicks you hook up with are blood related to you Kentucky anon?
>>
>>7823868
What is the Satyricon or Golden Ass? The Romans had novels chum
>>
>>7823897
Seconded. I wanna read some Heian lit but I don't know where to start
>>
>>7826563
>Chicks are a Rorschach test for guys. If you think all women these days are crazy bitches who only want your money then it's probably because those are the only ones you can get.
this. women want also orgasms.
>>
>>7826563
Tell the manlets like it is.

I've said something like this to the local guys, and they never talked to me about sex stuff again, thank God.
>>
>>7827542
>>7827515
>>7826563

Y'all might enjoy "In Praise Of Older Women" by Vizinczey, it expresses similar views.
>>
>>7823868
Genji was the original fujo bait.
>>
Worth noting that when Saxon peasants were battering each other to death, getting fucked up by Vikings and Mormons and writing shitty work songs about bullocks farting, Iran was producing some of the world's greatest ever poetry.
>>
>>7823868
The Japanese didn't even have Feminism. Ironic isn't it?
>>
>>7826037
Which I'm pretty sure only the r9k people post. I wish containment boards were like prisons so you couldn't post outside of them. Lit would be so much better without pol or r9k.
>>
>>7828805
>Ironic
No it isn't.
>>
>>7829015
we should have a board for wishfags too
>>
>>7823897
Read it in university, actually isn't bad.
>>
>>7827466
>What is the Satyricon or Golden Ass?

Satirical verse mixed with prose. The Romans had "Roman novels"
>>
>>7823897
It's actually very interesting, and has a great deal of psychological depth and is kind of insane.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.