[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with Lacan? Non French speaker, have read a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Untitledlkjlj.png (604 KB, 959x655) Image search: [Google]
Untitledlkjlj.png
604 KB, 959x655
Where do I start with Lacan?
Non French speaker, have read a bit of Zizek and feel interested in Lacan, but have heard that his introduction is insubstantial. Any recommendations or maze charts?
>>
>>7818712
Here you go:
http://sci-hub.io/doi/10.2307/20099889

But to understand Lacan you have to read some foucault, freud, and zizek. And to get zizek you have to read hegal. Have fun.
>>
>>7818712
fucking policenauts
I need to finish it
>>
Start with the Seminars. Move on to Ecrits. Also check out Lacanian Ink.
>>
lacan is a fraud hack obscurantist and zizek is a meme with no substantial thoughts, skip both
>>
>>7818712
Difference breeds identity and vice-versa.
Symbolic – subconscious association of signs and symbols. “The unconscious is the discourse of the Other.”
Imaginary – cultures and ideologies constructed through the symbolic realm.
Real – we can never attain the Real through language. We can only approach it like a mathematical limit.
The Other is Us.
The object of our desire is unattainable since its basis is in ideology (Imaginary).
The phallus is the square-root of minus one (Imaginary). Gender identity is a social construction.
The Woman does not exist (Imaginary). Again, gender identity is a social construction.
>>
>>7819007
Well thanks a lot, not I'm too interested to not read Lacan.
>>
>>7818907
pls explain
>>
Start with the Greeks.
>>
File: zizek.jpg (60 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
60 KB, 500x406
>>7818907
this
>>
>>7822261
I chuckled. Still wrong though.
>>
Lacan never gets any love around here. It's always LE FUNNY IDEOLOGY MAN THIS LE FUNNY IDEOLOGY MAN THAT, AND SO ON.
>>
>>7818712
Both of these writers intentionally write in such a way that they can claim you misinterpreted them if you point out the harmful implications of their ideology. Just load up the Postmodernism Generator instead of wasting your time with these frauds.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.