[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide and interviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1454832028017.gif (95 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1454832028017.gif
95 KB, 500x384
I need recommendations of books with interviews, like interview with the vampire but less pleb. Also books about suicide.
>>
When he comes, the visitor
Curious, and asks you
Then tell him, that you don't collect stamps
You don't take colorful pictures
You don't raise cacti
That you don't have a home
A television
A houseplant
That you don't know
Why you sit and write
Unwilling, because it doesn't give you any pleasure
That you still haven't found out
The point of life, even though you're old
That you've loved but insufficiently
That you fought but with timid arms
That you were at home at many places
But can't call any of them your home
That you seek death and fear it
That you cannot name another example than this:
Still open
>>
File: Max_Frisch%2C_Stiller_1954.jpg (24 KB, 284x472) Image search: [Google]
Max_Frisch%2C_Stiller_1954.jpg
24 KB, 284x472
>>7815596
I'm Not Stiller (sort of?)
Guy gets arrested and has to prove that he's not the guy they're looking for so he goes on to recount his story.
Maybe not exactly the most relevant answer but bumping because I would like an answer as well OP
>>
Emil Cioran writes about suicide often. New Gods has a section on it.
>>
>suicide
A tale for the time being. It's not the main topic in the book but it amazed me quite a lot and changed my views on suicide.
>>
>>7815850
Forgot to mention there is also suicide involved
>>
>books about suicide.
The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe is probably good for you. It's written mostly as a series of letters from the main character to his friend. It doesn't have a ton of talk about suicide, but I would say it is one of the main issues, or themes tackled by the book, the other being love and shit.
It's fucking good.
Also, Charlotte is a top tier lit waifu.
>>
>>7815850
Thanks anon, this is the most close to what I search.
>>7815869
Thanks I'm gonna check it.
>>7815901
I couldn't find it in my language
>>7816435
This and Fausto are in my list of books to read, I don't like the love as a theme but if Goethe wrote it...
>>
Myth of sissyphus?
>>
>>7815596
Brief Interviews with Hideous Men
>>
>>7816870
Hope you enjoy it (Stiller). Faust is also one of my favourites, a lot of German schoolkids seem to have a vendetta against it though, I suspect it's because they don't read carefully and thus miss the point (which I admit can easily happen to anyone).
>>
Nice thread
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.