[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do after enlightenment? >inb4 before enlightenment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: rare_pepe_by_anamaiki-d8t2dd9.png (339 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
rare_pepe_by_anamaiki-d8t2dd9.png
339 KB, 1024x640
What do you do after enlightenment?

>inb4 before enlightenment chop wood carry water, after enlightenment chop wood carry water

I want to evolve on my spiritual path but i feel like meditation is the only thing that will help me in life. There is no amount of knowledge that would add to my situation is there?
>>
>>7815092
I already do that actually.
I'm NEET so i have all the time in the world to read books, go on walks in nature, drink tea, paint, meditate, read books and poems and like you said browse 4chins
>inb4 mad wageslaves lel
>>
Read Energy Work by Robert Bruce.
>>
you don't do

that's the point of enlightenment
you no longer do

questions are asked and you answer and that's it since obviously you can't ignore people but you no longer exist for the self
>>
>>7815103
Do lsd/psyches only real way to enlighten yourself.

Doing LSD with people is degenerate. By yourself is where all is revealed to you.
>>
>>7815084

If chop wood carry water doesn't make sense to you then you haven't been enlightened m8
>>
>>7815084
>There is no amount of knowledge that would add to my situation is there?
At least read the Mahasatipatthana Sutta.
>>
>>7815987
Don't listen to this demon of Mara, OP.
>>
>>7815084
Show others the way
>>
>>7815092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H80ybVPYbrE
>>
>>7816055
The illusion is real, Mon frere
>>
>>7815982
how do you define enlightenment?

why can't an enlightened person maintain an active self?
>>
File: Thefountain.jpg (55 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Thefountain.jpg
55 KB, 500x280
>>
>>7815084
You don't even know what enlightenment is, why ask what you do after enlightenment?

Protip: Generally, it's the same shit
>>
"Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water."
>>
>>7815084
I'll offer the piece of advice to not forget the ego/mind if thee wish to relate to, communicate with and help other people and furthermore to keep both feet on the ground if thee wish. Remember the lower parts of maslows pyramid if thee wish.. And know personal rights, learn about UCC, legalese, governments, the human ways etc. if you wish, although common sense, emotional relating and patience can probably solve most rigid psychotic egoprograms, even as this beast sometimes violates scrupulously.. If you wish a break from third eye awareness I can recommend vitamin B3(only temporarily though) or maybe this exercise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMB-XgR4xI4.. Most importantly: Learn from your experiences(the most real in your life = the purest source of knowledge in your life if you can learn to extract it by recognizing the patterns in your experiences and destillate and conclude from that..), if you wish that is.. The best of wishes from my heart I wish or from my asshole lifeforce sucker entity(you discern)..
>>
>>7816055
Mara or Maya?
>>
Fuck psychiatry. Do not trust those preachers if the world/your mind, etc. should ever overwhelm you. Let them play their games alone.. Just starve those intellectual robot parasites or love them, if you wish.. Love your challenges//problems/phobias etc. to transmute them like an alchemist, but keep your wits about you, if you wish.. Hotep
>>
File: untitled.png (46 KB, 212x143) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
46 KB, 212x143
>>
Enlightment is not a static state, it is a process at the end of which lies transcendence of the reality of differentiation in which we live. It is meaningless to try to put into words what that conveys, since it is beyond language and beyond all human understanding. It is impossible to "think" salvation because the pure act of thinking the way we do stands in direct oposition to what salvation is.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYT6rRliNjs ??
>>
>>7816055

Hehe, if Mara was just people doing LSD, we would have a pretty easy journey brother. Mara is much, much more - he is the thinking of him, he is the ignorance of him, he is these very words.
>>
chop water carry wood.
>>
>>7815084
If you've truly achieved mokśa, then you have no material attachments and you'll stop the cycle of rebirth.
>>
>>7817458
THE ILLUSION IS REAL
>>
>>7818498

The real is illusion.
>>
File: sock.jpg (233 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
sock.jpg
233 KB, 600x700
>>7815084
>I want to evolve on my spiritual path
Start by removing the want.

Consider the possibility that the "normal" people you interact with in your everyday life are, in fact, more enlightened than yourself.
>>
>>7819536
Enlightened Being: Hhaha hey Kev, whats say you and me get high and watch some oldass sitcoms hahahahahahaha
Me: I would prefer to visit a museum, or art gallery, which is edifying.
Enlightened being: SNOOOOOOZE! Whend you become such a stiff Keviiiiiin? The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
>>
>>7819536
"Normal" person: So what kinda music are you into
Me: Oh, of late, mostly Tuvan throat singing and recordings of Buddhist chants.
"Normal" person: Oh uh like Skrillex and stuff?
Me: In an instant the reality of the phenomenal world is revealed to me! No longer shall I strive after material fetters, for I have tasted the deathless! Forever shall I be in your debt, Steve!
"Normal" person: Oh hahah yeah cool no problem. Skrillex is pretty good huh
>>
File: a man who enjoys life.jpg (448 KB, 2916x1944) Image search: [Google]
a man who enjoys life.jpg
448 KB, 2916x1944
>>7819555
pretty much, yeah.
You might even say that pursuit of enlightenment is the ONLY hallmark of an unenlightened being.
I'm not sure I believe that, though. It's more elegant to simply label all beings as enlightened, and thus destroy the meaning of the word. In that model, even the misguided pursuit of enlightenment is a perfect act.
>>
>>7815987
Have fun with your MKULTRA juice.
>>
>>7819555
>>7819572
>shrinking away from the mundane
dat attachment and dualism tho
>>
>>7816956
I dont think its that you cant so much as the path leading to enlightenment is opposed to maintaining an active self.
>>
>>7816956
enlightenment is a fleeting moment,as soon as one becomes enlightened, one is vulnerable to the ego senses arising again. Its cyclical
>>
>>7819573
>the path to enlightenment is
>shortcuts
>lel nope
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.