[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This book is genius...... First it makes you see these systems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg (103 KB, 392x574) Image search: [Google]
Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg
103 KB, 392x574
This book is genius...... First it makes you see these systems of US and THEM from a distance where it all appears so silly, then as the book goes on you begin to feel the presence of these superpowers just beneath the page the FORCE and COUNTERFORCE and begin to believe in them, suddenly everyone's taking sides - Tchitcherine sees the truth about the Rocket Cartel he's with US! and before you know it -- YOU are playing into the same game, hoping to see THE COUNTERFORCE prevail but wait, what's that ending, the cycle of DEATH continues.. THE ILLUMINATI'S HAND.... so THE FORCE won? NO - there IS NO FORCE or COUNTERFORCE, there is only INDUSTRY and POLITICS and POPULATION and WAR. These are not simple systems we can smash with attrition. It's a much subtler game we're all helping perpetuate without even knowing it. The ILLUMINATI is under attack here, the monoconspiracy conspiracy ... nothing is that simple ,but rather an EXCUSE for us to play victimhood or turn a blind eye... it's a call for thoughtful revoluiton but that part is up to the world to organize
>>
>>7812793
EVERYONE LOOK

RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES
BABYS FIRST PYNCHON
>>
>>7812793
Book is not that big a deal. It's just funny to watch new readers struggle through the shitty prose.
>>
m8 you're not supposed to actually read it
>>
>>7812915
Found the freemason.
>>
Your false flagging garbage is pointless
>>
>>7812918
this
buy it, fuck around with it a bit to make it look worn, and put it on your shelf (somewhere that everyone can see it) never touching it again
>>
>>7812918
>>7812934
you guys are clowns. book is dope. I really enjoy the structure of it,the cyclicality of it especially. I also loved the historical digressions. The dodo story was great. Also, Tchitcherine is an unreal character. Roger Mexico that nigga as well.
>>
>>7813094
>dope
Then why don't you smoke you it stupid hippy
>>
>>7813109
Nice one!
>>
Gotta give it to Gravity's Rainbow. I know it's a meme book around here to some extent, but man, that book changed my life. I'd grown up thinking reading was just homework. Whenever I had to read any fiction I just thought it was drudgery. This attitude lasted way into my high school years when if I wasn't sleeping in class, I was cutting them and hanging out in a friend's basement doing bong hits. We'd play this game where we would get really high and then make up a random scenario, like, OK, what if everything was very serious, right, like it was a serious place and time and everything was ultra serious, what if when everything was at its most serious and you expected the next moment to continue the trend of utmost seriousness, what if, at that very moment, a gorilla wearing a fez har riding a giant unicycle rode by. My friends and I would collapse into convulsions of laughter, punching each other softy and slapping our knees. "No! Stop it! Fucking stop it!" some red-faced somebody would choke out, wiping away tears. We called it this whole thing The Game. And normally we only played it while we were blazed in one of our basements, but once in a while we would play it in school. One fateful afternoon a few of us numbskulls had detention together, and so we sauntered in, high of course, and sat down to serve our time. At some point we decided to play The Game, right there in detention. The supervisor, an English teacher who was known for being kind of a hardass, was for some reason being supernice this afternoon. We occasionally got pretty loud with our laughter, but he didn't tell us to keep it down even once. He just sat there at the desk reading his newspaper, and we even a couple of times got a chuckle out of him. When there was about fifteen minutes left of our sentence, he came over and sat on a desk near us and we saw he was holding a book. "Here," he said, "I think you guys might get a kick out of this." We read the cover: Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. OK, we said, and took the book skeptically. I was the first one to read it, and my mind was blown. This guy Pynchon had been playing The Game since the early 70s. You think that since the book's about World War II that it's going to be all serious. But then you're like, wait, whaaaat? Did that guy just go down the toilet? Why is there a pie fight during the serious war? Why is there weird sex happening? Weed? This guy blew all our random scenarios out of the water. I gave it to all the other guys to read, and from that point on we pretty much stopped playing The Game entirely. We decided to leave it to the master. Pynchon, whoever you are, we salute you.
>>
>>7812918
>>7812934
Exactly! If you want to fit in here, either this, start with the Greeks, or be in massive student debt and call yourself a patrician.
>>
>>7813109

>implying he's not some spindly white hipster trying to sound ironically black
>>
so almost no one has actually read this on lit?
you guys really should. it's worth reading. absolutely fantastic book.
>>
>>7813134
I stopped at meme
>>
post link to free copy pls. pynchon wold not have me pay money to read
>>
pls responding
>>
a memeing came across the sky
>>
>>7813247
Lel, Pynchon lives in a four-million dollar apartment on the upper west side. He's more than happy for you to pay him.
>>
>>7813134
5/7

Well done!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.