[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we penetrated deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 2389562356.jpg (15 KB, 184x275) Image search: [Google]
2389562356.jpg
15 KB, 184x275
>we penetrated deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness

I mean come on, really?
>>
That's not from Heart of Darkness, it's from his letters, when he was talking about what he and the Bloomsbury Group did to your grandmother's asshole.
>>
>>7811943
Haaaaaahahahahahah. Yeeee.
>>
>tfw just finished reading this
>he says heart of darkness like 30x
>the entire thing is utterly mawkish and bereft of actual substance
How is this shit a classic in its own right?
>>
File: Pretty Long Joke.jpg (452 KB, 1871x2560) Image search: [Google]
Pretty Long Joke.jpg
452 KB, 1871x2560
>From coast to coast, from east to west, the world's but one great Infinite Jest!

For fucks sake
>>
File: 1450892480120.gif (1021 KB, 421x389) Image search: [Google]
1450892480120.gif
1021 KB, 421x389
>My god, it's happening! The Metamorphosis!
>>
>Oedipa settled back, to await the crying of lot 49.

Pynchon you hack
>>
File: 51P98Bf0hYL.jpg (47 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
51P98Bf0hYL.jpg
47 KB, 325x500
>To save you from yourself, I give you these notes from underground.
>>
>that's why I became The Hunger Games 3: Mockingjay Part 2
>>
>>7813286
Didn't the guy who write that book kill himself?
>>
>"By Zeus Odysseus, that was quite an Odyssey!"

This is taught as the foundation of storytelling why?
>>
>Despite everything that he had done and seen, in the end he was nothing more than simply the old man and the sea.

That final line made me throw the book at the wall.
>>
>no matter how bad he had been, he always thought of mice and men

Walked out of the theater
>>
>the wind hastened, blowing the contents of the table all about. Soon after, Rhett returned from his shit. "senpai where did all my sweet nugs go?" "gone with the wind."
>>
File: ricky-ponting_1363882c.jpg (54 KB, 299x271) Image search: [Google]
ricky-ponting_1363882c.jpg
54 KB, 299x271
>And based upon the above evidence we can conclude that natural selection is the origin of species

Well, I guess it fits
>>
>>7813276
It's a pretty good description of PTSD.
>>
>"What temperature should I burn these books at, boss?"
>"Fahrenheit 451"

Really?
>>
>>7814414
Rolllll Credits!
>>
>>7811933
"she started playing Norwegian Wood on the guitar"
>>
>hey grandpa bloom, why do you have own so many dumb ol' books?
>because The Daemon Knows: Literary Greatness and the American Sublime
>>
>>7813622
I literally closed the book when I read that
>>
>And so the drunken Ishmael, finally face to face with the great, leaping leviathan, looked, with considerable curiosity, to the behemoth's genitalia and concluded indecisively, 'maybe vagina, moby dick'.

Oh come on
>>
"At last, Rosalind," said Orlando. "Everything is finally as you like it."

Shakespeare you pleb
>>
>>7811933
>"Let me tell you of your crime and punishment, he he he." Porfiry snickered, and Raskolnikov trembled with rage.

Really?
>>
>>7815513
same
>>
>>7813654
kek
>>
>>7815547
and they say /lit/ isnt funny
>>
these are my confessions, if in them i say nothing then it is because i have nothing to say
>>
>people are strange, when you are the stranger, faces look ugly when you are alone

Omfg for real?
>>
>>7811933
>he would have flung up his hands, despairingly, and cried, as he did then:
"An idiot!"
what a hack
>>
"But, were I to make these maxims mine, Mme Delbène, I greatly fear I should have to flout far too many conventions." Juliette said.

Sade you fucking hack
>>
>>7811933
>Despite having seen the it only at the hour of its tumbling over the horizon, using his deductive skills and advanced astronomical knowledge he concluded that the sun also rises.

Such clumsy phrasing, his prose truly was god awful.
>>
>Lolita,
stopped reading there
>>
>>7816087
lol'd
>>
>Elle passait une partie de l'année dans cette maison religieuse, et l'autre chez elle ; mais dans une retraite et dans des occupations plus saintes que celles des couvents les plus austères ; et sa vie, qui fut assez courte, laissa des exemples de vertu inimitables.

Really?
>>
>>7815598
translation senpai
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.