[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you trade your mediocre brain for the brain of a genius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1451522572192.png (192 KB, 376x390) Image search: [Google]
1451522572192.png
192 KB, 376x390
Would you trade your mediocre brain for the brain of a genius with inhuman levels of intrapersonal intelligence whose introspects constantly every waking moment, finding profound but horrific truths of human existence that torture him until he eventually loses every sense of identity, humanity and kills himself at the ripe ol age of 30?
>>
>>7811656
Fate already made that choice for me senpai. Probably will kill myself before 30 though.
>>
File: 1438720494166.jpg (139 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1438720494166.jpg
139 KB, 768x1024
sure
>>
>>7811664
Will definitely kill myself before thirty. Mediocre brain though.
>>
Nah, I wanna keep my brain, my brain is me, and I'm a narcissist
>>
Nah, i'm starting to grown content with being a failure of a human being.
>>
>>7811656
that guy was no genius. by the time that interview was done he was probably 3-5 yrs past his watermark
>>
>>7811656
No, I see no benefit to it.

I'd gladly trade what intelligence I have for proportional childlike bliss and social gravitas.
>>
>>7811656
Of course. I already feel pretty depressed about things I think of as "horrific truths of human existence."

Definitely going to be dead before 30, so I might as well have the smart brain.
>>
Even the dumbest of us are aware of the "horrific truths of human existence" before we're thirty. You think it takes a genius to figure out that there's immense suffering the world or that much of human activity is simply an evasion of pain and death? A genius is someone who builds something meaningful despite the obvious objections. You're acting as if nihilism is the ultimate goal of every intellectual investigation.
>>
>>7811656
I think a better question would be if you were/are that person would you trade back?
>>
>>7811656
>schizophrenic
I wouldn't mind more intelligence and valuable introspection
>>
i'd do it for the audience pussy
>>
>>7811656
Smart people don't kill themselves out of ennui or nihilism. They enjoy what they can, and dedicate their time to make their lives fulfilling, no matter how vacuous their definition of that is.
That being said I'm definitely killing myself before 30.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.