[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other Science Fiction books like Dune? I read this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: download (2).jpg (8 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8 KB, 192x263
Are there any other Science Fiction books like Dune? I read this book and it's gottne my back into reading, and I'd like to find other books like it.
>>
what did you like about it?

If you want more like Dune, read its sequels I guess.
>>
>>7811383
Only the sequels Herbert wrote. The rest is fanfic, and not even good fanfic.
>>
>>7811383
I really liked the world building and coming of age story with Paul. Liked the Fremen culture and stuff.

It was 10x better than Ender's Shadow, that is for sure.
>>
>>7811376
The Ender seri-

>>7811570
oh
>>
>>7811600
Ender's Shadow was kinda shallow compared to Ender's Game. The piggies were pretty shitty, Ender has a fucking mary sue plot device in his pocket(Jane), the whole thing felt kinda meh.

I also can't really remember whats her face, the girl who did the things to her family and married the drunk guy...
>>
>>7811643
eh, I haven't even read them all myself, and I only read them in Middle School. I just remember it as being a pretty cerebral sci fi series, which I felt was similar to Dune. I don't have any other equivalent recommendations
polite sage
>>
>>7811521
But the first one is the best, it goes down from there.

book 4: 3500 years later when a boy turned in a worm-god contemplating the meaning of life
>>
>>7811962
Your point being?
God-Emperor is easily the best book on the series.
>>
look up "planetary romance," you'd probably like a lot of sci fi that is largely contained to one planet and fully explores the geography and culture of that location. I'd recommend

Wolfe - The Fifth Head of Cerberus
Bradbury - The Martian Chronicles
anything by Le Guin
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.