[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books on the feminine psyche and its sensibilities?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: hesse.jpg (400 KB, 1265x1600) Image search: [Google]
hesse.jpg
400 KB, 1265x1600
What are some good books on the feminine psyche and its sensibilities?
>>
sex and character

sexual personae

second sex

sex
>>
schopy has some lines that will give you all the insights you need.
>>
>>7807113

is Simone de Beauvoir worth reading or is she the feminazi a lot of her critics painted her to be?
>>
>Feminine Psyche
>It's sensibilities
>>
>>7807137
She's actually great. I hate women, personally, and I still think she had a valuable perspective.

She's a reprehensible human being in her personal life (seriously, monster tier), the book is by no means perfect and has its share of stupid bullshit (Lacanian hipster garbage e.g.), but the core perspective of existential feminism is valuable. The really interesting thing is that she never develops it to actual agency - she has an entire philosophy that is basically AGENCY: THE PHILOSOPHY backing up her critique of women, existentialism was actually thrown out with the inauguration of the structuralist paradigm because of how cartoonishly AGENCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY it was, and she never expects or prescribes agency to women except by accident. It's still all down to men in the end.

Still valuable as a springboard.
>>
>>7808328
Couple it with the aforementioned Weininger and it all balances out.
>>
this board is becoming an amalgamation of /r9k/ and /pol/. pretty sad
>>
>>7808341
There are still good threads, and some good discussion. It only feels like it's becoming less common (perhaps falsely). This is true on /his/ and other boards as well.
>>
>>7808358
i know there are still good threads, but those edgy kids are all around, it's really annoying and counterproductive
>>
>>7808394
It's a shame, but we can't stop them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.