[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be at all productive to disregard all filters and considerations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1452834412069.jpg (53 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1452834412069.jpg
53 KB, 648x484
Would it be at all productive to disregard all filters and considerations of audience and literary merit to crank out pages and pages of self indulgence?

Could this lead to spontaneous and inspired writing or is it solely the makings for self-insert fan fiction and fetish writing?
>>
This would be an interesting experiment.
>>
>>7806534
I have never written anything and I have a week off with very little to do. Should I do this and report back here with what happens?
>>
>>7808028
Please do this. Try OP's method and then more traditional conventions of writing. Report back on each of the two products.
>>
>>
>>7806534
Productive? Any activity is productive on some level, especially artistic ones.
>>
>>7806534
proust already beat you to it.
>>
It bewilders me that anyone would even consider that you should write or create in any other manner.

Do you really think Joyce or Picasso or Wagner worked for an audience above their own passion?
>>
>>7806534
>you
>inspired

pick one
>>
>>7806534
Been there, done that. Pic related was the end result. It's a bit over 80 thousand words and was written in around a month (not including editing/proofreading).
>>
>>7808058
Go to bed Tao and stop TaipeiPosting.
>>
>>7806534
It really depends on who you are and what sorts of thoughts you have when left to your own devices.
>>
>>7806534
I already sort of do this, but you find you mind filters itself. Like you go 'ohh that's a bit too silly for me'.
>>
>>7809846
The mind is a filter. But sentient individuality can't exist without it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.