[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you lie about having read something? I do often.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1416962601212.png (124 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1416962601212.png
124 KB, 500x333
How often do you lie about having read something? I do often. I can not help.
>>
op is a faggot
>>
File: 1426435772140.jpg (15 KB, 291x297) Image search: [Google]
1426435772140.jpg
15 KB, 291x297
Never, I read for enjoyment, not social capital.
>>
I FUCKING HARE IT when people do this.

really makes it hard to create conversation.

I bring something up in the hopes of getting their opinion and I have to sit and listen to them try and justify why they don't know what I'm talking about.

"Ohh sorry i onky read parts of that book not all of it! "
>>
>>7806123

ABSURD
>>
>>7806130
>"Ohh sorry i onky read parts of that book not all of it! "
How would that even happen? People don't actually do this, d-do they?
>>
>>7806157

Maybe they watched the film or heard someone else talk about it?
>>
>>7806157
I do sometimes...
>>
I don't usually have much to say about a book that isn't about the story or how one really special passage was written. All the rest is banality like "Cormac Mc Carthy doesn't use punctuation" which doesn't make for good conversation. So there's no point in me lying and I don't know anyone who could call me out.
Does it happen so much to you because you talk about books IRL a lot or were you refering to 4chan only?
>>
I don't think I've ever done this. I'm confused as to why I would.
>>
I've got a friend who says that he's read books that I bring into conversation. When I ask him what he thinks about a certain part of the book he says that he can't remember exactly what happened as he "read it years ago". We're both 19.

When I asked him if he'd read Crime and Punishment, he said he had but it was years ago. I asked him to tell me something about the plot, since that shit it easy as fuck to remember. He asked me to give him a look at the blurb to "give him a refresher" (I had the book on me).

Why do people do this? You're lying just to impress your friends but you come off as pathetic for lying about doing something. Just read the fucking book instead of saying that you have and making a fool out of yourself.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.