[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadowrun novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: shadowrun.jpg (58 KB, 306x500) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun.jpg
58 KB, 306x500
Any of these good? Come on out, fellow plebs
>>
Fuck off
>>
this is clearly a take on man's complex relationship with his inner animality, between the necessity to live in a community and the desire to fulfill one's urges. The theme of metamorphosing hints at the way personality is not determined and eventually led to change but may refer as well to the notion of gender.
Definitely a modern book that also raises general questions like the division of the self but conveying it through a sic-fi context, that's clearly where lies the originality of the text
>>
Or at least recommend something camp that isn't Pynchon
>>
>>7804118

From a literary perspective, they all suck. Basically the only joy to be found in them is if you're a lore hound, because then you can play spot the lore factoid #3062 (and they really do cram them in there).
>>
>>7804690
:<
Do they get a list of things to put into them, I do wonder what it's like being a freelance novel human
>>
>>7804822

I dunno, but it was pretty clear from reading the Dragonheart Saga that the novels were written around a set of very strict lore requirements. Stuff is not very organically shoehorned in there. In the forward he mentions some people who "helped" him so basically you get kept on a leash.

But hey, you get to learn that Dunkelzahn killed himself to save the world, and other neat things that are no longer canon because of the Earthdawn split >:(
>>
>>7804828
Ok I don't even know anything about all that so I'll not bother... thanks for the heads up
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.