[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe your ideal reading spot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10
Describe your ideal reading spot.
>>
The great main room of a penthouse in a skyscraper, with floor-to-ceiling windows letting in streaming sunlight.
>>
>>7800929
a corner of my rural public library
>>
>>7800929
Even with all the money they spent on that library they couldn't make the shelves big enough
>>
the shed i have t go to when my wifes friend tyrone come's over
>>
>>7800929
Ivan Il'ic would approve that library
>>
A chair that's comfortable to sit in in a variety of postures with enough light to read by. It should be a comfortable temperature and not noisy.
>>
>>7800967
u know the other day i had a cuckold related epiphany, i was riding a bike down this street that had luxury condos on one end but housing projects up the block, and i passed some black dude with a hookery looking gf with him, and i realized cuckolding is like the bourgeois whiteman's version of pimping, u got a fine chick, and u want to show her off, but also share the wealth in a way, but since the socioeconomic position of blacks is low when u cuck them u pay them a tip, but since whites r rich, they let u cuck as a charity...i was like dude now i get cucking!
>>
>>7800990
it really is the thinking man's fetish
>>
My couch.
>>
sometimes i put ladybugs into my asshole
>>
>>7800929
Some comfy small cottage in bumfuck nowhere where I can get all my reading done without being distracted by the internet. Maybe a little bit of social interaction too so I don't go crazy after staying there for half a year.

I lived in a rural village for three months and did the fastest reading there of my entire life.
>>
Comfy chair at desk
Gentle warm lighting
Near a large window with a nice view
No human beings in sight or hearing
Instant access to coffee/tea and light snacks

I currently just have the coffee and tea, none of the others
>>
File: sunset.jpg (687 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
sunset.jpg
687 KB, 2272x1704
A comfy chair surrounded by nothing by water. Preferably around sunset
>>
It's not the spot, it's the state of mind. If I'm having a bad week I just won't be able to read.
>>
>>7801338
fucking this
reading on a boat would be kickass
I wish I had a boat
>>
In bed alone.
>>
>>7801648
the closest I have is a kayak and a lake which is still alright
>>
Anywhere where no one can bother me.
>>
File: 1457802461588247997114.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1457802461588247997114.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>7800929
That picture looks comfy anon. I am pretty happy this morning on a lounge chair in my study with a miniature schnauzer napping on my lap, a cup of coffee at hand, and some Gibbon.
>>
A lot like this, but with my bookshelves nearby.
>>
>>7801019
moot?
>>
a chair in the middle of the jungle. no humans around.
>>
File: pachamama-jungle-river.jpg (68 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
pachamama-jungle-river.jpg
68 KB, 550x410
>>7803341
pic
>>
>>7800990
>>7801019
Personally I think it is a bizarre way of dealing with fear of rejection and abandonment. It puts you in control of all that pain and suffering when she does decide she wants to fuck someone else, because it is now your 'fantasy'. I certainly didn't start getting attracted to cuck stuff until I got dumped and heartbroken, and I think it was my brain's (ultimately unhealthy) way of trying to reconcile me to the fact.

That said, I've never cared for the interracial stuff, so perhaps there's something else at play there.
>>
>>7800929
The courtyard of a small Morroccon hotel I stayed in when I was fifteen.

It had leather chairs and a swimming pool and little chess sets to the side.
>>
>>7803186
Congratulations on your retirement by the way.
>>
>>7800971
funny
>>
File: avaruuskissa.jpg (113 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
avaruuskissa.jpg
113 KB, 800x999
Too bad this will never become true.
>>
>>7800929

Bed.
>>
>>7803186
You're still reading Gibbon at your age? In the 21st century. You're the gibbon, faggot.
>>
the moon
>>
1. At least 200 km from the next settlement
2. Internet connection
3. Should be warm

That's about it.
>>
>>7803619
You are such a cuck faggot.
>>
>>7800929
that looks a lot like the library in the town I'm from
>>
>>7803593
Gibbon has never ceased being relevant, anon.
>>
File: the can.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
the can.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>7800929
>>
>>7801338
are you me?
>>
>>7805697
that's a nice bathroom you have there anon
>>
>>7803625
why? Its a thread about being comfortable
>>
>>7803625
Enjoy your crowded city streets, complete with terrible smell, smog, thugs, loud noises, """""landscapes"""""", grey colors, shitty food, shitty people, shitty life, high rent, boring jobs and loud neighbours.
>>
>>7803499
It will. But you'll be dead when it does.
Let that sink in for a second.
>>
File: WeightlessJulie.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2840) Image search: [Google]
WeightlessJulie.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2840
I have a lot of muscle tension so I think I'd like to float in space while I read.
>>
>>7801338
As long as it's a calm body of water, imagine puking on page 69 chaper 3
>>
File: listeningtothewaves.jpg (34 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
listeningtothewaves.jpg
34 KB, 400x266
Something like this
>>
>>7805697
DESIGNATED
>>
>>7800981
>A chair that's comfortable to sit in in a variety of postures with enough light to read by. It should be a comfortable temperature and not noisy.

Described it perfectly, this is all I need.

Setting/location doesn't matter at all, since I prefer to read in a dark room with light only hitting the book.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 630x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 630x405
>>7806066
Poo in the loo
>>
>>7805697

how can you actually prefer reading on the can poo particles will cover your books

FUCKING POO PARTICLES
>>
>>7805932
the one thing you cannot shit on cities about is the food.
Food is infinitely more varied and generally of a higher quality in cities.
>>
>>7806250
More varied, sure. Higher quality? Entirely depends on the city/town.
>>
>>7803186
I have the same pupper
>>
Your bedroom to be honest.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.