[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is your editing process? What do you do when you face a first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: apathetic-man.jpg (23 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
apathetic-man.jpg
23 KB, 700x466
How is your editing process? What do you do when you face a first draft?
>>
Procrastinate
>>
Get drunk, get high, open word, get distracted, get more drunk, get higher, close word, do something else.
>>
I print it and read it with a red pen, underlining and annotating anything that can be corrected
>>
>>7796486

>read through it again
>if you see a typo, fix it
>if a sentence or word choice is awkward, change it

That's pretty much it for me.
>>
"write drunk; edit sober." - hemingway
>>
>>7796532
>"if its on the internet, it must be true" abe lincoln
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 550x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 550x825
>>7796512
I do the same, although I tend to use a waiting period between drafting and editing. I have to take a week off between each so I can edit with fresh eyes.
>>
i print it off and read/make changes with a pen

some reason errors are so much more visible on paper, though maybe its all in my head and just the chnage of scenery getting off my computer is the main factor there
>>
>>7797001
I reversed searched that image and one of the results was CP. Thanks.

That "Thanks" was sarcastic, mr gchq.
>>
>>7796486
depends. if it's a long work of fiction, i let it sit for a week or two. I then i read it, jot down inconsistencies in plot or character, and fix them up. then i print it out and do the red pen to fix up grammar and anything that catches my eye as not working, writing down ideas to enhance the text or suck it up and delete it. finally i reread the work one last time to see what i can to do tighten up the narrative. hope that helps some.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.