[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hue http://theodysseyonline.com/upenn/w hy-young-adult-nove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
hue
http://theodysseyonline.com/upenn/why-young-adult-novels-beat-classic-literature-every-time/71386
>>
let's not keep having this thread over and over okay

>>7790567
>>
>the site is literally named after a piece of classic literature
>>
>>7793116
>this just in, idiot on internet has stupid opinion
I don't fucking care OP. Please cease making shit threads like this, this isn't /v/.
>>
Puerile philistine posts another blog on the internet. I find this obsession with nostalgia and infantalism common among youths. I'm just not sure why they don't give up reading all together and buy coloring books instead. These people don't want to be challenged, so why read at all? She said in the article she doesn't want to have to use a dictionary while reading. That was so disgustingly anti intellectual it must be satire. Very funny article.
>>
>I know at the age of 20 I should be reading serious adult novels, but guess what? I don't wanna

lol
>>
This literally sounds like it was written by a 12 year old
>>
>>7793161
This.

It's /pol/-tier to seek out random shitty websites and finding shit to be outraged about and have your board buddies share in the circlejerk
>>
I'm 20 years old. "High society" wants to pressure me into ditching fun books for Shakespeare and Dostoevsky. They say if you read YA books you're not an adult. Well, to that I say suck on a huge boner. Shitty pee pee. Diarrhea.
>>
>>7793116
>>7793181
This is either satirical, or the worse click-bait I've ever seen.
>>
Pretentious professor: YA books are for children, not adults.

Me: Not true. You're a big retard. You smell. You're a bozo.
>>
I'm all for people liking what they want and not being embarrassed by it, but this lady seems to have "serious books" confused with old books.
Comparing Harry Potter to something written by Voltaire, or Hugo and calling them slow and archaic doesn't really seem to make any sense.
There are "serious books" that weren't written 100 years ago.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.