[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you practice writing ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 296x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 296x288
How do you practice writing ?
>>
>how do you practice playing an instrument
>>
>>7792978
by reading
>>
>>7792982
With that logic everyone who texts should be an amazing writer
>>
>>7793188

They are. You should check out some of my bros' texts. brilliant.
>>
>>7793188
By that logic everyone who can walk ought to be a champion sprinter
>>
>>7792978

write a lot- not just random shit like text messages and comments on 4chan- write stuff that you would enjoy reading- whether that's books, poetry, plays etc. show your writing to a lot of people and have them give you feedback.

read a lot.
>>
Read a lot, write a lot. Make sure you love what you read but hate what you write.
That's when you know its working.
>>
>>7792978
Browse 4chan
>>
>>7793574
I've read that limiting the amount of words you use is good practice. Any other things like this?
>>
I read a lot, write few things but taking my time to make them just as I want them to be.
I also write down every word I don't know/don't use often in a notepad while I read, then I add the definition and read the notepad every once in a while.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.