[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the final boss of literature? Finnegans Wake? Varney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: AtlasShrugged.jpg (79 KB, 280x367) Image search: [Google]
AtlasShrugged.jpg
79 KB, 280x367
What's the final boss of literature?

Finnegans Wake? Varney the Vampire?
>>
>>7792115
Infinite Jest
>>
Unendlicher Spaß
>>
the Holy Bible
>>
O Guarani
>>
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
>>
Why does everyone seem to hate this book, even though almost everyone seems to think that capitalism is the best thing that ever happened. What's with the disconnect? Or do just people like and dislike things that others tell them to?
>>
>>7792147
it's a bad book predicated on bad philosophy. Rand had a good mind but bad ideas. people on this board recognize the latter. the people who like atlas shrugged see the apparent value, but like Rand herself, lack the background knowledge to know that she's shit's
it's also bad-but-popular as literature/art in the same way that tolkien is
>>
The Great Gatsby.
>>
>>7792147

Capitalism is like a wild horse or bull. You can harness its power for good, but if you leave it unchecked it will wreck shit for everybody but a select few.

Rand was for the latter option.
>>
>>7792115
Goethe's Faust, part 2.
>>
>>7792163
> bad-but-popular as literature/art in the same way that tolkien

are you fucking serious?
>>
>inb4 Finnegan's Wake
the real final boss of literature is the novel you write yourself
>>
>>7792163
This Tolkien meme has to die. You clearly have no clue.
>>
>>7792169
yes. Rand and Tolkien are both authors that we on this board and the literary canon in general have agreed are not good despite being heralded by plebs and normies
>>
>>7792165
> if you leave it unchecked it will wreck shit for everybody but a select few
Stop spouting nonsense. Smith, Hayek and Mises have debunked that shit to hell.
Or at least give Sowell's Basic Economics a try.
>>
>>7792169
>>7792181
you guys are wastes
>>7792186
>neoliberalism
>>7792147
It's simply a badly written novel.
>>
>>7792286
Here's your reply.
>>
>>7792291
Thank you, I appreciate it.
>>
>>7792186
>Smith, Hayek and Mises

>mises put in with smith and hayek

smith is only worth reading now from a historical viewpoint and hayek is largely irrelevant unless you agree with his political writings

and mises was completely wrong about many things, business cycles etc

sowell's basic economics is acceptable but notably biased

t. capitalism liker, austrian hater
>>
File: nNJOMBD.png (449 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
nNJOMBD.png
449 KB, 576x792
>>7792115
>>7792147

"I hope you don’t have friends who recommend Ayn Rand to you. The fiction of Ayn Rand is as low as you can get re fiction. I hope you picked it up off the floor of the subway and threw it in the nearest garbage pail. She makes Mickey Spillane look like Dostoevsky."

Flannery O'Connor on Ayn Rand

#roasted

Seriously though she sucks (although I've only read Anthem, not wasting my time with that doorstopper). Oversimplified bullshit for pseudo intellectuals- the apotheosis of le fedora meme, as much as I hate to invoke it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.