[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Freud worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Freud.jpg (167 KB, 663x800) Image search: [Google]
Freud.jpg
167 KB, 663x800
Jungfag here. I've read enough of Jung (including his earlier papers with Freud's work). My question is, is Freud not too outmoded to be worth a read? If so, which papers ad/or books would you suggest?
>>
>>7790749
He was wrong about many things but that doesn't make him less important.
>>
Civilization and Its Discontents
The Interpretation of Dreams
Beyond the Pleasure Principle
>>
>>7790749
reading Jung and not reading Freud is like watching the goodfather 3, without watching The goodfather 1.
>>
Read Melanie Klein and then the object relations theorists
>>
>>7790776
This.
>>
>>7790868
Stupid analogy.

Jung's psychology is more logically advanced and is complete on its own; hardly a sequel. Its more like T2 to Terminator.
>>
>>7790776
I would include Uber Coca just because its great to see somebody write about their substance abuse
>>
>>7790898
Jung's conception of the shadow aspect alone essentially encompasses the entirety of Freud's conceptions of the unconscious.
>>
>>7790898
*hardly an inferior sequel

You know what I mean, but I'm patching it up anyway.
>>
>>7790898
No, all the important concepts are from Dr Freud.
>>
>>7790942
>bait
ok i respond 2 u
>>
>>7790776
I would add The Ego and the Id to that list.
>>
>>7790776
>>7791667
Oh and also read "The Sandman" by Hoffmann, then read "The Uncanny" by Freud. It's just an essay, not a book, but goddamn it's amazing.
>>
>>7791669
The uncanny proved that when Freud wrote about aesthetics he was at his least autistic.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.