[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Raduan Nassar's books be too advanced for someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 15330398.jpg (136 KB, 635x660) Image search: [Google]
15330398.jpg
136 KB, 635x660
Would Raduan Nassar's books be too advanced for someone learning Portuguese? Also, why did he quit writing?
>>
he got bored with it an became a landowner. but i think he donated the land to some university. read a cup of rage. it focuses on the power struggles between men and women. themes fall sort of in line with maybe strindberg or foucault, but nassar is much more brutal in his approach and style.
>>
>>7789267
also, i've never read him in port., only eng. so i can't answer that question.
>>
File: 1455520765106.png (349 KB, 638x357) Image search: [Google]
1455520765106.png
349 KB, 638x357
>>7789256
It's not that hard but some imagery, semantic constructions and alusions may fly over your head. You should leave him, Machado and Guimarães Rosa to when you are both fluent and confortable with speaking, reading and writing in Portuguese. They are masters in what they did and I'm not trying to put you off, but, after all, some literary experiences are reserved to natives and, to a marginal extent, those who dedicate themselves to study a language to it's most peculiar and deep senses.

If you want to somewhat spoil your future fun, I'll tell you ro start with Um Copo de Cólera and then move to Lavoura Arcaica.

Also, where are you from, lad?

Sempre seu,

t. brasileiro
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.