[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That feeling when you trick a normie into reading an actual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_na10brXic61re6ep9o4_400.gif (1007 KB, 320x141) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na10brXic61re6ep9o4_400.gif
1007 KB, 320x141
>That feeling when you trick a normie into reading an actual classic.
Have you guys pulled this off?
>>
>>7789198

>normie

Let me guess: you recently started reading "classics" recommended by the crowd of shitposting spergbots that is /lit/ and now your sense of superiority is running away with itself.
>>
>>7789198
I know that feel. Frankenstein, Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde etc are good ones to give to horror fans.
>>
>>7789198
Got my gf to read Manns Magic Mountain and she liked it. Pretty good feel.
>>
>>7789198
I'm a normie and I read classics all the time.
>>
>>7789198

This is as 'classic' as I've ever gotten:

>The Picture of Dorian Gray
>The Time Machine
>War of the Worlds
>Romeo and Juliet
>Macbeth
>The Bible (KJV)
>Bhagavad Gita

Everything else I just look up on Wikipedia. I've found I don't give a shit about prose, I'm more interested in topics and concepts. Either that or I go and watch the film version. Saves a lot more time.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.