[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Infinite Jest in on loan >All Pynchon is on loan too How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 470x313
>Infinite Jest in on loan
>All Pynchon is on loan too
How Patrish is your library /lit/
>>
DFW and Pynchon is pleb lit, son.
>>
Nobody reads at my library as far as I know, so its alright cause Im buddy with the librarians and ask them to buy me stuff and they usually do if its academic enough
>>
>>7783713
>patrish

youre not patrician kid. not only are you a trendy fag but like the other guy said dfw and pynchon are not patrician.

come back when you have some taste and finish your freshman year.
>>
>>7783740
>>7783794
The only people that say this are people that have never read Pynchon.

DFW, on the other hand... Let's just say his fiction has some redeeming entertainment value
>>
>>7783804
I've read pynchon.

do you have any more logical fallacies for me or are you done talking out of your ass?
>>
>>7783814
>logical fallacies
lord in heaven please strike me right now
>>
>>7783814
I can feel the wind of the fedora tip through my monitor
>>
>>7783713
can u pls stop being a flaming newfaggot and stop saying "patrish" or any variation of it unironically? newfaggots like you come in and shit up the board with your fagginess by seeing ironic posts and thinking they're unironic and then proceeding to be a faggot with your unirony, do you realize how fucking faggy you sound when you unironically say "patrish" or "patrician"? an hero implied.
>>
>>7783814
Just finished looking over knowyourfallacy, eh?
>>
>>7783840
>>7783842

>sameFAG

ughh what did i expect trying to argue with a bunch of edgy kids who sit around and read all day with the hopes of someday being "sophisticated"

anyway the best i can say is

>learn to /logic/ before you /lit/

it'll make your /lit/ more enjoyable and also have the added effect of not making you look like a foolish asshat on the internet.
>>
>>7783911
>canada cuck detected

bend over for ma big Amerikan dick eh
>>
>>7783922
>bending over for tiny white peen
cucked
>>
>>7783814
>logical fallacies
Do you know what you're saying?
>>7783917
>>>/reddit/
Seriously, leave.
>>
Is that Jason Segel in a bandana?
>>
>>7783922
>putting 'eh' in text means you are from Canada
My word this thread went to shit
>>
>>7784457
no it's dennis firscher willens
>>
>>7783713
patrish enough to have a sufficient number of copies of the books that are popular
>>
File: 1406659354212.png (613 KB, 642x649) Image search: [Google]
1406659354212.png
613 KB, 642x649
>>7783713
Start a DFW thread with an actor pic instead of his real pic.

The jest will ever end?
>>
>>7785257
That's what I was planning to do desu
>>
>>7783713
>go to University library
>ask librarian for reference number of Gravity's rainbow
>go to the correct location
>5 copies of varying widths
>grab the first one
>get home
>random notes sprawled in the margins or inbetween lines
>things underlined
>first 40 pages stuck together
>one page has some brown liquid dried onto it, almost looks like blood

4/10 not very patrish
>>
everything by DFW that isn't infinite jest is patrician
>>
>>7785804
that's perfect honestly
>>
>>7785257
>>
dfw is better than pynchon

not that it's saying much
>>
>>7785825
'both flesh and not' and 'brief interviews' are amazing
>>
>>7787489
What book is that?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.