[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching a film >see a copy of infinite jest >immediately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1280x692
>watching a film
>see a copy of infinite jest
>immediately turn off the television, get up, and start pacing around my room blowing raspberries while shaking my arms in the air until I eventually get tired enough that I fall to the ground with soiled undies so my mommy can drag me into the bath

Does anyone else do this?
>>
>>7783502
What movie
>>
keep /tv/ in /tv/
>>
the young vampire is such a qt in that movie
the old one too actually
>>
>>7783507
Alan Smithee: Burn Hollywood Burn, written and directed by Jim Jarmusch
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 700x989) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 700x989
>>7783507
pynchon makes a cameo, too
>>
My favorite is Down By Law. I want to give The Limits of Control another viewing soon though.
>>
>>7783545
Jarmusch is my favorite director and even I think Limits is mediocre at best. It's clever but the delivery isn't very good.
>>
what other movies have infinite jest in them?
>>
>>7783560
season 1 of Man Seeking Woman uses Infinite Jest as a prop for a joke at least twice
>>
>>7783560
Liberal Arts is a movie basically bout IJ
>>
>>7783545
Despite all its negative reviews, I really liked the dreamlike, surrealist atmosphere of it. Give it another shot if contemplative films are your thing.
It's the worst Jarmusch though.
>>
>>7783518
>>7783545
>>7783548
>>7783622
>Jarmusch
>>
>>7783548
limits is brillaint
>>
>>7783502

>spine in prefect condition
>>
Im more impressed about Mishima
>>
>>7783502

I was watching Man Seeking Woman and it appears in two different episodes. Once he mentions he wants to read it, but never does. Another time he leaves it on his nightstand to appear intellectual when he brings a date home.
>>
File: triggered.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>7785396
This, the way she is packing those books really triggers my autism.
>>
I really like Jarmusch but this was just him throwing out cultural nods and references. It was like tumblr the movie.
>>
>>7785718
He suggests reading it to postpone going to a club that he's nervous about entering. The joke is basically "this is a long book and therefore will postpone the thing he doesn't want to do for a long time".
>>
>>7786395

That's what I figured, but I think the heft of the book and the nonsense surrounding it were a part of why he never reads it. In the later episode he throws a bookmark into a random page. Love the show and the shorts it was based on. As far as adaptations go, it found a way to take a unique voice without shitting on source material.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.