[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the things you are you writing, /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 16
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 252x200
Tell me about the things you are you writing, /lit/
>>
>>7779581
I found a solid short story pulp formula that nets first drafts, but like everything else, thats as far as I tend to end up.
>>
>>7779581
ayy lmao
>>
>>7779615
short story about a paralyzed man listening to his eulogy waiting to be cast to sea on a funeral pyre
>>
A guy who works for another guy while fucking his wife and playing big bro with his daughter

between that its spooky sci-fi shit
>>
>>7779581
not gonna tell just in case it gets published and I make bunch o'moneys
wouldn't want you pretendin to be me now would I
>>
>>7779581
A virgin who befriends the dirtiest, seediest, sluttiest whore you could ever imagine. They both enjoy horse riding, and visiting town shops. I'm more interested in the dynamics through the relationship rather than the plot.
>>
A short story compilation with a central theme of urban, millenial life. It's a mix of social critiques, feel good stories with lessons to be learned, and sad feelfests
>>
And at that moment, I realized the world was ripe with potential... Nothing escaped me, for I was calm finally. I rubbed my temples. I was tired, again, as I always was, but I took nothing for granted. That would be careless. I stood atop my two feet and pulled my body forward. I was proud, and shaken. I was still breathing too quickly, and I had to sit back down immediately. I couldn't take it anymore; I was gripping my own arms, cradling myself, rocking back and forth as if I was a lone person, the only person, and I clutched myself as hard I could. Squeezed myself tight, until I was out of breath. And then I laid to my side, exhausted. I was green in the face. I could feel myself turning green.

I looked in the mirror and I saw green. My entire composure was beat; I was hunched over, glass-eyed, and long-gone. I was a goner. I was so green. I looked at myself real good, and I couldn't really stop. Every fixture of my face was falling off, I could barely see myself anymore. It was a real horror. But I had a good time, looking at all that nonsense. It was.

Took a while, but I gave myself a good look again in the mirror. And I fell right in, right down to the bottom. Took a good five minutes to get my sense, but I fell straight down into my bed. Landed head-first, fell over backwards, and let my feet fall off the side of the bed while my head rested on the bedpost. It was a small bed. But I laid there, my head in the mattress for a good ten minutes. I didn't want to really move, nor did I need to really. The fall was so long, I thought I was dead. But unluckily, I was in the same place as I started.
>>
A cuckhold, who learns that maybe there is more to life than just prepping the bull
>>
>vaguely Southern gothic short story about the fruitless investigation of a body that surfaced in lake Pontchartrain
>>
>>7779608
It could be ok
>>7779620
Stephen King did that
>>7779624
Woah that's spook 4 sure, just write that better than Orwell and it will work
>>7779625
Came on man don't be a pussy
>>7779628
That sounds like "Pretty Woman" + anon dreams
>>7779632
Hi tao lin
>>7779659
What is this about
>>7779663
Idk, never liked memoirs that much
>>
>>7779694
lol i dont think 1984 has anything to do with this one, so im good
>>
>>7779632
>>7779694

The difference is mine is afro and latino, not lamlee samlee. Here's the intro of the story i'm working on now.

Figgy Guzi

It's 3 am; the Dominican boy lay in bed by the light of his phone.

Like a character out of a Junot Diaz book, this little fuck has it all. Carmel skin, acne like the Cordillera Cenrale, the big uneven nose- awkwardly jutting left at the dorsum and right at the tip, and an afro nappier than a preschool.
>>
>>7779704
Lmao sorry, i just misread "playing big bro" with "paying"
>>
>>7779717
I like this style, just make sure to keep it through all the story, i hate when the narrator starts commenting but then vanishes after a page
>>7779670
So a detective story?
>>
>>7779694
>>7779659
Me being high and hating myself
>>
>>7779730
Nice writing
Do you want to be published tho?
>>
I'm writing a short story about a guy who have a never ending breakfast. I would post the beginning but i'm on my phone and it's in italian so..
>>
I'm writing my master's thesis on non-monotonic reasoning and default logics. It's the least /lit/ related subject possible.
>>
>>7780382
>It's the least /lit/ related subject possible.
Everything is /lit/ related senpai, all you have to do is write a good story around that
>>
I'm editing a first draft about a dude who's signed by a music company in order to seek and destroy an album edited during a past dictatorship in which a famous artist sings a song which lyrics laud the dictator.
>>
File: Your life.jpg (35 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Your life.jpg
35 KB, 450x338
>>7779581

The LOTR of our time, albeit a combination of Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

Yes, I'm a retard; but I've written 19k words so far and it's too far gone to give up. I've come up with enough material to get me hitting 100k words at least.

Nothing to lose and everything to gain, frankly. I have a shitty call centre job, so who knows; this is just one way I'm hedging my bets.

The main reason I started writing was because so much 'good' Fantasy (and successful books in general) are so fucking shit in general that I'd felt like a hypocrite for a long time; on account of trashing them whilst bringing nothing to the table myself. I'm writing the sort of book I'd love to read; if I'm alone in that, then fine. I'd rather not go with the flow when I think it's terrible.

My prose is pretty elaborate/eloquent; I've been playing around with an idea for something more modern, prose-wise. Something to do with the 80s; have had a lot of nostalgia for it, lately.

I don't really post my stuff on /lit/ because everyone's a critic and my work always gets trashed. At least I'm honest about it.
>>
>>7779628

>Virgin
>Horse riding

Yeah, her hymen would probably last 5 minutes.

No diamond desu.
>>
>>7779659
reminds me of Kafka
>>
>>7779581
nah
>>
>>7779659

A few tweaks/queries I'd make:

1) For I was finally calm.

2) "I was tired, again, as I always was" - Can you be tired again if you're 'always' tired?

3) "I stood atop my two feet" - You stood on your own feet? Plus it's kind of implied that if you're standing, it's on your feet; unless this character tends to walk on their hands.

4) "pulled my body forward" - I don't think people really think of their legs/feet as 'pushing' or 'pulling' their bodie. "Moved forward" would probably suffice.

5) "rocking back and forth as if I was a lone person" - I don't think 'lone'/solitary people are known for that. Disturbed/frightened, maybe.

6) "I clutched myself as hard I could. Squeezed myself tight, until I was out of breath." - Both sentences saying the same sort of thing. You could probably mesh them, or omit one.

7) "I was green in the face. I could feel myself turning green." - You were already green. Again, you could probably mesh these or omit one.

The rest seems alright. I'd probably tone the green back, and specify just where the mirror is in relation to the bed.
>>
A visit at a restaurant in which the mood gets ruined by a couple's fight and everyone's coffee tastes bad
>>
I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits. I have bitch tits.
>>
>>7781043
meme
>>
File: TheRiseandFallofCWC2016.png (43 KB, 817x1056) Image search: [Google]
TheRiseandFallofCWC2016.png
43 KB, 817x1056
>>
A white man who integrates himself within some indigenous tribe, while keeping his distance so as not to ever assimilate. He is destroying the tribe from the inside, exposing insecurities and amplifying weaknesses. In the end the tribe are assailed by colonial marauders. And the white man walks away, leaving them to their fate.
>>
>>7781947

>a hardboiled crime fiction narrative

kek

>>7781026

>My prose is pretty elaborate/eloquent

uh oh

post an excerpt?
>>
>>7779581
A set of fairy tales set in new york that all mesh together.

>the alley cats raised a girl to one day be their queen, never informing her that she was in fact a human
>a boy searches for his father who his schizophrenic mother claimed was made of rats
>a girl begins studying strange geographical and architechtural anomalies that seem to warp space and time and the strange, serpentine life forms that happen to live there
>a boy who grew up believing he was the anti-christ begins to gather a following, but is stalked a by a mysterious girl who knows him less and less every time they meet
>in a parallel universe, a girl raised as the second coming of christ starts to doubt everything she had learned about herself and her faith. Little does she know that she has a brother she has never met
>>
>>7779717
>using commentary from the narrator to disguise bad writing
>mentioning the author you stole the style from in the same sentence
>>
My writing style is atrocious.

But I'm seeking to write a YA story about a 19 years old purple-haired modern arts student who falls in love with 78 years old Jebediah Winston who is convinced that he fought in WW2 but was actually in a coma the whole time.
>>
>want to share my ideas
>afraid someone will steal them

Sorry /lit/
>>
>>7782392
that's what a man with no ideas would say
>>
File: yearningforadventure.jpg (117 KB, 500x716) Image search: [Google]
yearningforadventure.jpg
117 KB, 500x716
An adventurer in a high-fantasy setting literally based off of a map I pulled from donjon. Him and his alchemist buddy get dropped off in some fuckoff rural kingdom after failing to make with their dues to a traveling caravan, and from there start to work their way up in the world.
>>
File: 1454640300769.jpg (3 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1454640300769.jpg
3 KB, 125x120
>>7782398
that makes absolutely no sense.
nice b8 tho
>>
>>7779581
Doing a bit of world building. Mankind finds a way to kill all the gods. The magic that the gods were made of/isolating from the world washes back in, waking all the old magical races. Main character is a highway man, in charge of keeping the roads clear of monsters. There is a meta plot where the queen is being worshiped my her subjects and it is slowly driving her mad as she turns into a god herself.

>>7782392
I was feeling the same way
>>
File: 1441662177205.jpg (109 KB, 1024x663) Image search: [Google]
1441662177205.jpg
109 KB, 1024x663
>>7782402
This sounds kinda comfy
>>
>>7782427
Sounds like a Drakengard spin-off

keep us posted
>>
>>7781947
Nice title. Want me to narrate the audio book?
>>
>>7782432
I kinda wanted to go with something low stakes and gradually build up to something climactic rather than start off with the protags as chosen ones and have to consult DBZ for advice on how to raise the stakes.

In fact, the setting starts off with the Heroes of Legend already established and an active force in the world, alongside the leaders of the bigger guilds. I originally intended for there to be some sort of commentary on the strangely static nature of MMO questing with the bigger Guilds and their influence on events, but that kinda fell by the wayside.
>>
A missionary trapped in a city under siege. Him and the indigenous King he was send to work for spend their last week within the Palace debating and sharing things that feel they need to say before their demise. I'd like to see how I could have missionary convert the King to Christianity just as the besiegers break through and into the Palace, but I'm worried it might be a bit cliche.
>>
File: cmon.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cmon.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
There once was a man from Quebec
With crumbling discs in his neck
He went under the knife
And emerged with no life
Good golly gosh, what the heck?

>my dad's face if he could read all the shit I've written about him. Love you paps.
>>
>>7779608
What's the formula senpai
>>
>>7779581
Alice-in-Wonderland meets Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
>>7782427
>>7782438

I have an entire notebook devoted to the meta-meta plot. Pre history, the evolution of the races, the gods, how magic works under different circumstances, ramifications of the magic washing back into the world so suddenly, stuff that will never come up in the stories except in the most subtle of ways and that none of the characters will ever be aware of.
Right now I am trying to whittle down my options for the fae. I want to avoid the traditional summer/winter courts while keeping their hierarchical power structure. I like the thought of every dewdrop fairy paying a tithe of power up the line in a magical pyramid scheme to empower the high lords and ladies of Faerie. I am going for a triumvirate, I have it narrowed down to 4 choices.
>Basing the courts on the food chain cycle
Plantoids/insectoids/mammalians
>going for a less taxonomic structure and instead basing the court on a simplistic model of the nutrient cycle
elementals/consumer-producers/decomposers
>a throwback to the seasonal courts in whitewolf's changling, with the adendum that the winter court is dead
spring/summer/autumn
>Where ther others are cycles and any court could be slightly more powerful than the others for only so long the last idea is a much more rigid hierarchy
starborn (elves)/ animal/ elementals
>>
>>7782496
Here's a video about how it feels to be a Quebecois: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxS33O4AqSk

I hope it helps you.
>>
>>7782612

That's basically it. I was living here to take care of my dad. Moving back to Ontario soon.
>>
>>7779581
movie scripts. just finished one about a guy who makes a deal with the devil for incredible guitar skills. buts thats just the hook. its more about a mans downward spiral as he deals with various problems in his life. a lot of religious satire and sudden tonal shifts.
now im working on a story about a guy who drops out of high school. he finds a tree in the woods that he sleeps next to and finds himself in a different world. he wakes but continues to go back to the tree. again, just the hook. its really about his personal struggle and relationship with an underage girl he meets.
>>
>>7782778
>just finished one about a guy who makes a deal with the devil for incredible guitar skills. buts thats just the hook. its more about a mans downward spiral as he deals with various problems in his life. a lot of religious satire and sudden tonal shifts.

Sounds like Robert Johnson
>>
>>7782693
enjoy your multicultural paradise, chinafag
>>
>>7779581
A gay romantic comedy where everybody is a furry

the only problem is I've never written any romance
or anything with a furry
>>
>>7779581
it's an absurdist YA series about a so-called ''Wizard School''
>>
>>7782588
What would your first book be about?
>>
File: 1457303395110.jpg (33 KB, 540x283) Image search: [Google]
1457303395110.jpg
33 KB, 540x283
I can hammer out a story no problem but editing it after is just painfully tedious.

pls halp
>>
File: stupid-best.jpg (43 KB, 413x427) Image search: [Google]
stupid-best.jpg
43 KB, 413x427
>>7782927
or, come to think about it, anything involving gays
>>
>>7782927
>>7782947
Then why the heck are you writing it.
>>
>>7782320
>>7782460
It's a joke, you fellas. Look up Christian Weston Chandler and you can be in on the fun
>>
>>7782946
>tfw hard to hammer out a story but you can edit your ass off if you're taking it seriously
>>
>>7779581
A literary thriller. A detective investigates the murders of several criminals, addicts, transvestite prostitutes and assorted degenerates, which are thought to be connected to right wing radicals. Slowly he comes to realize the West has become corrupt and weak and the degenerates did really have it coming. He sets out to find the radicals, not to catch them but to join them, for he sees their justice is true and pure compared to the state's fake justice.
>>
>>7779581
Alt History story about what if the space race started in 1947 instead of 1957.
>>
>>7782363
well memed
>>
>>7779628
Nice Mary Sue.
>>7779632
Could be decent, but probably won't be. Most likely just another anecdote from a life redundant.
>>7779663
The next great master piece.
>>7779670
How are you going to convince people that you aren't apeing McCarthy?
>>7781026
Genre a shit But I feel for you bro. You do you. I hope you escape.
>>7782337
Are you trying to be the next Borges?
>>7782984
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>7783004
Alt History is the worst. More than anything else, it is just a reflection of the authors own ideological bias shared with those who share that bias and want something to wank off too.
>>
File: THAT reaction image.jpg (18 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
THAT reaction image.jpg
18 KB, 190x266
>>7782958
writing is the only thing left in my pathetic life since a bachelor's in econ with a concentration in mathematics hasn't helped me get a job at all since graduating last May. That, and gay romantic comedies with beast people hasn't been done to death.
>>
>>7779581
No characters. No dialogue. Just happenings from beginning to end. A long stretched out ambiguous and surreal metaphor. McCarthy inspired narration.
>>
>>7779581
I've set aside my first serious novel because I ran into a few plot problems and couldn't get over them. Now I'm just writing whatever until I've figured it out.

One childish attempt at Kafka with a miner on Mars slowly realising he's working as a slave this whole time.

Second one is just an adventure story set in STALKER rip-off Zone.
>>
A novel about a student who ends up in a bigamous marriage with her teacher's husband. All three of them are terrorists.
>>
>>7783084
With all honesty I have never heard of Borges in my life (I'm very poorly read), but one look at his wikipedia page tells me I may have been following a parallel path in more ways than one.

I was actually trying to be the next andrew hussie
>>
>>7782939
>Main character was one of Queen's guard,
>notices she has a screw loose
>character is sent away told to make roads safe
>teaching apprentice highwayman (to give readers novice's introduction to magic and world)
>They are tracking a pool of deep magic that seems to be moving, altering the land as it passes
>sidetracked by cursed humans who can no longer live with xenophobic humans
>finds the moving well of magic to be the royal progression of one of the queens of faerie.
>The fae queen has taken on the appearance of the human Queen, waylaying some of the magic that is driving the Queen mad, and powering the fae
> Hero has to make the choice to kill the Fae knowing it will further harm his Queen
>>
>>7783118
Highly recommend Borges. He does the integrated short story thing very well. He writes the kind of stuff that sends you off thinking for days
>>
>>7782337

this sounds really good

post an excerpt (the opening?) of one of the stories?
>>
>>7783084
>Nice Mary Sue
ayyy
>>
I'm writing a novel about fractals. the global security state. technological singularity. Consumerism. God/love. Gender and the disintegration of the family unit. A dickensian mystery/melodrama. a kaleidoscopic globalisation novel with a fucked up complex structure think Pynchon or oulipo/ georges perec. Mostly im focusing in the lives of everyday people: New Jersey housewives, gangster-ish politicians in 90s Russia, various vagrants, fuck ups and destitutes from all over the earth, peripherial weeaboos, metaphysical engineers constructing fractal based-superweapons. interns at a cult-like tech startup led by a an exentric 'millenial' CEO with messianic delusions, orphans, suburban jihadists, etc.
>>
Medieval epic fantasy with right-wing antisemitic undertones.
>>
>>7783268
Feels like the sort of stuff I'd read, find underhwelming but still recommend everyone since it's still better than what they're reading.
>>
>>7782556
Redundant
>>
>>7783084
>ideological bias

Such an argument can be made about many other types of writing, outside of Alt history. Or are you just bitter because it's genra.
>>
I'm writing a story where Satan appears to a man and pretends to be god.
>>
>>7782230
I love that idea. To see their stupid beliefs and loyal ways of life crumble slowly through clever manipulations sounds like an interestingly sadistic tale to read.
>>
A short story about an amateur writer for a zine that Mulder from x-files would probably read going to investigate a location of spooky tape with a friend. They don't find anything, but they quietly fall in love.
>>
Pretty unoriginal in broad premise; following a century of peace, there is a war between space colonists and the people of Earth. Focuses on the political and technological realities (with a little bit of handwaving due to being largely speculative) of such a situation. It has quite a large cast with lots of subplots going on, all surrounding the rivalry between two commanders on opposite sides of the war. The story will follow military commanders, officers, enlisted, civilians, labourers, politicians, and even a secret society.
I plan to kill about half of the main and supporting cast by the end of the story, including the two main commanders. I've written about 10k words so far.
>>
>>7779581
Cuckoldry fanfiction of a Rick Riordan novel
>>
High fantasy setting.

MC is an elf, but a genetic freak. Instead of short and slender, he's a giant, growing larger than even humans, hitting about 7 feet tall and 400 lbs of muscle by the time he's the equivalent of 17.

Elves are racist xenophobes, so they kick his ass out (at the equivalent age of ten) after a training accident leaves his training partner dead. He lives with the northern barbarians, learns their ways, and sets out when he figures he's a man, and is tired of seeing his friends die. This is when the story starts.

The story chronicles his journey to the coast, getting attacked by a demonic presence that wants something from him, hooking up with a mercenary band, being captured and used as an oar slave, breaking free, getting caught up in the struggle of some island dwelling sea elves, and fighting to liberate them from their mainlander oppressors. He discovers that the demon that attacked him followed him, and he defeats the mainlanders, causing the demonic presence to flee. He returns to the mainland to track down the demon that has been hounding him, and builds up an army to defeat the forces (of which the demon is a part) that are keeping his homeland under siege. He meets up with the slain king's daughter, they hook up in a political union, and later fall in love.

The rest of the books in the series will chronicle the king's daughter, two of their kids, and eventually the demon himself. There will be side books that will have collections of stories about the various side characters; all in all, at least eight books are planned.
>>
>>7781026

Do you have a Title ?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 286x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 286x405
>>7781026
>tfw realizing you're writing an epic

It basically will be the new BOTNS
>>
File: Life.jpg (14 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Life.jpg
14 KB, 512x384
>>7782320

Can't post much because I'm paranoid:

>The Meadhall was now silent, save for the occasional creak upon an overladen bench. (Their King) had ended on a curious note, and nobody could say for certain if his question was rhetorical or not. Glances were exchanged and eyebrows raised; though he did not, however, leave them wondering for long. Quaffing the last from his mead horn, he tossed it aside with evident exasperation. The vessel landed heavily upon the wooden boards beneath; its loud, resounding thuds soon drawing to a close with the clang of ringing gold. This chime, quickly fading, gave way once more to that awkward silence; and his audience, already ill at ease, found no comfort in his words as he resumed.

>>7783084

I'll see what happens. Hit 20k words yesterday.

I hate sounding arrogant or blowing my own trumpet, but a large part of why I'm writing is due to how bad most popular books/series are, in my opinion. I'd rather bring something to the table, rather than being all talk and no action.

Someone smarter than I might cater to the masses. Oh well.

>>7783965

Nah. That's probably the last thing I'll come up with. I promise it'll not be yet another fucking series whose title contains the word 'Chronicle'/etc.

>>7783992

BOTNS?

And I'd be happy just writing something that allows me to escape my dead-end existence. The bar's so low in a lot of genres nowadays that I imagine it's easily done; but I feel compelled to avoid the easy way in favour of something more meaningful.
>>
>>7784006
>I hate sounding arrogant or blowing my own trumpet, but a large part of why I'm writing is due to how bad most popular books/series are, in my opinion. I'd rather bring something to the table, rather than being all talk and no action.

>>7783959 here.

This is a huge reason why I started writing again. My family, mostly the ladies, went through their Stephanie Meyers phase, they went through their Eragon phase, my wife and aunts went through their 50 Shades of Gray phase, and all of those books were written like total shit.

I want to make books that aren't shit.
>>
>>7784006
Book of the New Sun

And really I'm just being tongue in cheek, Wolfe very much is an influence but he's not the only one. I'm honestly trying to replicate him at all. I'm just want to tell a story that will be a joy to read and re-read
>>
>>7784012
Honestly not*
>>
>>7784010

>I want to make books that aren't shit.

I know this feel.

>"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

>>7784012

I also know this feel.

Christopher Lee made a point of reading LOTR once a year. That's a habit I took up, and it doesn't get boring.
>>
I am writing a story about a boy walking home from school after a bad day (he's been bullied), it shifts back and forth rapidly from stream-of-consciousness to vivid descriptions of scenery and what is going on around as he walks home. I'm also writing a story about a man on a road trip with a little girl (through some mountainous area), which I'm having trouble with; the characterization of the girl is pretty poor (actually barely existent) but it's important to the story; I want to have a palpable relationship between man and girl, but so far I only have good description of scenery and a few thoughts from the man (existential type stuff, you know).

I have been told that the writing in the latter story is at publishable level (by a number of people), but it's just filling it out into an actual story that is difficult.
>>
a set of journal styled letters from a friend to another beyond the grave, both being different aspects of my personality, and footnotes to explain the stuff happening in the journal entries.
it's a weird look in the mind of a mentally ill NEET and his friend trying to understand what lead to his early death.
it's a sort of dialogue between different world views. i hope i can pull this off.
>>
>>7784032
Also I'm writing a blog type thing on tumblr. It's basically a writing exercise.. http://generousbirdcollection.tumblr.com/
>>
a short story called "Wow I'm So Meta". The protagonist attends a protagonist lookalike party where each attendee is to act out the whole story of "Wow I'm So Meta", but since only one person can accurately act out the whole story at any given time, they try to kill each other, which is obviously already part of the story. From the original protagonists POV we know that he hasn't read WISM, but then begins to read it and tries to get to the end of the story he's already in.
>>
File: Mindfuck.png (94 KB, 650x520) Image search: [Google]
Mindfuck.png
94 KB, 650x520
>>7784266
>>
Writing a shitty absurd story about a post-nuclear war semi-cyberpunk world with depressed and lonely protagonist roaming through dusty streets meeting different people in different places and having pseudo-deep dialogs. I think to end it with him joining some rebel movement that has a machine that can redesign the universe to an optimal form (think I'll call it the Leibniz Machine to sound cool) and he'll think he finally found true friends etc and then they will tell him that the only way to activate the machine is that he ( specifically) will commit suicide when attached to it (him dying won't matter much because later the universe will be reformed to no recognition). And he'll have to do it soon because humanity is about to extict in a near total war or something.
Then he'll feel used an betrayed and will eventually commit suicide in his apartment's bathroom when the world is nuked.
>>
The only thing I'm writing currently is a magical diary mostly concerning a thought form that suddenly appeared in my head in 2014, but also my pathetic attempts to do basic level shit like meditate, use rune magick, or practice the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram.
>>
a randian transhumanist parable set in sillicon valley. a face off between the forces of statism and a disruptive tech startup posed to shake things up. A small club of young entrepeneurs with big dreams. A coalition of far-left extremists, religious fanatics and the government surveillance apparatus out to stop them.
>>
>>7779694
you are one funny nigga
>>
>>7784973

Sorry, meant sigil magick, not rune (my diary is also filled with mistakes like this)
>>
A bit like If on a winter's night a traveller, but instead of different books they're all abortive attempts to write stories that are posted on a Lithuanian Dog Breeder's forum.
>>
A veteran pilot, now leading a guerrilla resistance against a foreign occupier, gets captured and tried for war crimes. He manages to escape into the capital city of his country, with the help of a young ghetto criminal. The city is a 1984 style authoritarian dystopia, kept in check by constant surveillance and policing. The veteran and the criminal start an uprising, fighting street to street with improvised weapons.
>>
>>7785018
Kek, m8. Write it in futhark.
>>
>>7779659
>It was a real horror. But I had a good time, looking at all that nonsense. It was
This sentence is messy and 'it was a real horror' sounds like a mid-westerner talking about black friday
>>
>>7782427
i like this idea.
>>
Jesus freak girl's crush/unwitting future husband confesses that he's a tranny. She rats him out to get him into corrective therapy. As revenge before leaving, he introduces her to her father's gay lover.

She decides to leave home with him. A bunch of other shit happens. They run into someone who's very heavily implied to be a CIA officer tasked with manipulating pop culture. He explains that he's trying to get everyone to hate themselves, and each other, so that society will work better.

Sounds kinda convoluted seeing it all written out like that. Trannies are all creatures of profoundly neurotic self-loathing, so it seems like a natural association of character and theme.

It's very misanthropic. It's about the horrors of corporeality, and how terrible the physical component of existing is. I think I'm going to have to do a bit of work to focus the theme.
>>
>>7783959
>7 feet tall and 400 lbs of muscle
>17
sounds kinda... gay

however its as good idea as any
>>
>>7784006
i like what you posted very much.
>>
>>7780996
This sounds interesting
>>7782337
Don't post this on lit, anon, people will steal your ideas
>>
>>7779581
It's a biblical contemporary novel about the conflicts between loyalty, faith, and survival, taking place in pseudo-reality and spanning over seventy years, with a wide range of realistic, torn characters (some fictional, some real) throughout connecting in strange ways, all having a part in a plot bigger than them.

It's an exploration of many themes, with synchronicity, destiny, faith, and truth at the center of it all.

It tackles many contemporary themes such as national security and freedom, religion, terrorism, conspiracy, loyalism, centrism, the dangers of Zionism and Masonic belief, morality in concordance with law, conservatism versus liberalism, government order, among many more.

It's not done yet. It will never be published because "muh hate speech".
>>
>>7786386
Wish I knew that before I posted
>>
File: Too late.jpg (73 KB, 640x639) Image search: [Google]
Too late.jpg
73 KB, 640x639
>>7786340

Hey, thanks m8.

I write in the shadow of Tolkien desu.
>>
>>7786386
anybody can steal a good idea, but only a few could actually turn that good idea into a good story
>>
>>7786406
What is a biblical contemporary novel? What hate speech?
>>
>>7786454
It's biblical in scale, it has contemporary themes, and is a novel. It's anti-Jew.
>>
>>7786501
congratulations on writing a novel fuckface
>>
Short stories about suburbia.

>tfw you can't create characters other than unhappy soccer moms
>>
>>7786633
Okay. But don't congratulate me now, it's only a concept.
>>
>>7786711
wow, a racist fucktard and you're too lazy to even write a fucking novel.

you have no redeeming qualities at all, do you?
>>
>>7786752
I mean it's not finished. It's far from finished since I estimated it to be around 1000 pages and I'm only on the first 100 pages done.
>>
>>7786752
go back to tumblr pls. anyone who isn't a racialist in 2016 is either deluded or ignorant
>>
>>7783992
>tfw you realize you're probably going to need more than one book when the last thing you wanted was to write a series
>>
>>7786758
aww, did baby get his feewings hurt? Did he make a boom-boom? He did, din't he? Poor baby
>>
>>7786331
It comes out a whole lot more nohomo than that, really. Trying to play more against the elves, which are normally portrayed as enlightened, elder races, and bringing up their xenophobia and lack of acceptance.
>>
I started writing about the stories of people aboard a Space Cruise. The cruise isn't policed well and it eventually becomes a place of corporate warfare
>>
>>7783965

The portrait of Fedorian Gray
>>
I'm writing a screenplay about a college senior who tries to master the art of lucid dreaming so he can rehearse philosophical arguments in his sleep and ace his philosophy finals with the extra revision, but a series of encounters with the pompous Dream Derrida shakes his world to its very foundations and prevents him from acting in the real world.
>>
I'm writing a novella. The very basic plot of the story is loosely based on the film 'Seven Samurai'. When I say based on, I mean that the only thing in common is that there is a town that will be attacked by bandits and the villagers go to hire Samurai to protect them. Everything else is original.

I'm using the themes of sin and virtue as the main thing. Each of the seven Samurai will represent a Sin, and the contrasting Virtue. These are the 'seven deadly sins', from Christianity, and the 'seven virtues', from Christianity and ancient Samurai code.

I've got someone from /gd/ who was nice enough to make some mock up designs for a front cover, but I have yet to decide on a proper title for it. The current title will most likely get me sued for copyright infringement or something if I try to sell the book. For reference, the current title is 'Seven Samurai'.

Could one of you guys help me figure out a title?
>>
>>7787800
Seven And A Half Samurai
>>
>>7787800
Septa-something
>>
>>7779581
I am debating to myself whether or not to write a post-apocalyptic novel or a low-level science fiction novel, with social stagnation. A small part of me want to link both both together
>>
>>7787842
they can easily go together if you want them to
>>
>>7787847
I know but I am debating if I should let the parent go first (post-apocalyptic novel) or the child (low-level science fiction novel with a small blend of a fantasy world)
>>
>>7779581
Writing a book about the nature of good and evil, In a fantasy type way
>>
>>7786410
Don't worry, chances are low, like this anon>>7786438 said. Still, I like your ideas and you should be more careful with them.
>>
Short story cycle about an internet community frequented by lonely young people in different parts of the world with their lives being depicted gradually with brief pieces of conversation appearing between each brief story between the protagonist of the former story and the protagonist of the successive story. Some meet IRL.
>>
>>7779581
1. A fictional mythological epic where the "modern" edits tell the real story. For example, a conspicuous paragraph espousing a philosophy markedly different from the rest of the myth, or a strange jump in narrative when the protagonist starts getting friendly with [slave race]. I have no idea how the fuck I'd go about this, let alone making it interesting.

2. A (short?) story about a King who sits in his throne and watches his castle fall down around him. Peripheral characters have short arcs before all falling into ruin. It ends when the King kills himself, the blood on his throne making it beautiful for the first time in years. It's shit.

3. Pure self-gratifying masturbatory spy thriller. An old spy is contacted by a missing lover from the cell he joined in the revolution decades ago. Very character driven, he learns too late that people and relationships matter more than ideals and principles. It's even shittier.
>>
>>7787311
That sounds like it could be fun.
>>
>>7787800
Sword and Scabbard

The Swordsmith's Vice/other similar pun

Measure Once, Cut Twice

Roamin' Ronin

The Magnificent Seven

The Kutting Katana Klan

Noh Country for Old Mon
>>
>>7787800
would Seven work as a title?
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.